1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Brass Plating?

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by byoung, Dec 6, 2014.

1. byoung
    Cloud_9

byoung Thread Starter Upcountry Vaper

2. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

I had the KayFun to Nemi hybrid connector which was brass.
    With the juice it turned a horrible green...
    I stopped using that quick sharpe...

Dieter. and byoung like this.
  3. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

With teh tarnish and "stuff" (lol) that would be generated on the INTERNALS, of all things, I would avoid it like the plague to be honest. Forget the rest. I just wouldn't want to be cleaning the damned thing every time I filled it, and if I didn't clean it I wouldn't be wanting to vape it.

byoung likes this.
  4. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

I recall that one of my early, cheap RDA clones had copper or brass in it that made the juice start to turn green. I caught it quickly as I was always re-dripping and I threw it away immediately taking no chances.

byoung likes this.
  5. byoung
    Cloud_9

byoung Thread Starter Upcountry Vaper

I can't say I'm surprised by the feedback I've gotten on this topic, and it is very much appreciated . You validate my concerns.

6. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

I'm kind of confused as to what you're even asking. Brass plating would be some other metal plated with brass. That's a big no-no, I've very rarely seen anything made like that. Chrome-plated brass, on the other hand, is what the majority of atomizers out there are made from, and I have yet to hear of someone having an issue while the chrome is still intact, nor have I heard of any cases where the chrome wore off in an are that the juice would routinely come into contact with.

7. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

I was confused as well when I read it. On the link it states it a SS/Brass plated. And appears to be all over the chimney and chamber as well. That's why I said I wouldn't use it at all.

byoung likes this.