1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Boxer mod DNA200 build completed

Discussion in 'Modifications and DIY' started by dl12345, Mar 13, 2016.

1. dl12345

dl12345 Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Just finished building my dual 18650 Boxer DNA 133 mod. Here are some photos next to the Wismec Reuleaux DNA200 for size comparison. It's really lightweight and small, easier to carry in the pocket than the Wismec.

Before anyone points this yet, yes the price is completely outrageous for what is a 3D printed housing that probably costs a fraction to print. The designers have done some pretty stupid things - for example, there is a "133" cutout on the screen mount which makes it very difficult for double sided tape to adhere. Since this cutout it not visible, not only is it non-functional, it's plain dumb. Also, no reverse polarity protection. I have a mosfet on order, so I will add the RPP protection a bit later. For now, just need to be careful about inserting batteries correctly.

Space is also very limited, although surprisingly, not as tight as the Wismec device. Almost zero clearance above and below the board though. And the clearance between 510 base and the board means that small, neat solders are imperative.

Otherwise, it works like a dream. The addition of a proper 510 connector (it's a Fat Daddy Vapes V4 low profile) shows me just how bad the 510 in the Wismec devices really is. Many times when I think I have an atomizer problem, it's actually the mod's 510 connector. I was getting a really weak vape on my Wismec at fairly high temperature. I took the same atty and transferred it to the Boxer and got a perfect vape at 20 celsius lower.

I think my next project is to rehouse my DNA200 board, battery sled and faceplate from the Reuleaux DNA200 into my RX200 shell that is already modified along with a new FDV 510 connector. This way I can always go back to the original device if I can't get things to fit properly as I won't be altering the shell of the Wismec DNA200. And I will have a black DNA200 :)

20160313_074439.jpg

20160313_213447.jpg

20160313_213522.jpg

20160313_213506.jpg

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    Konvict, Koki, Darth Vaper and 8 others like this.
  2. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

Nice job :)

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. rob

rob Member

Looks Boss that