1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Bought an entire batch of soapy e-juice

Discussion in 'General Thailand E-Liquid Discussion' started by demonboy, Jun 19, 2016.

1. demonboy
    Devilish

demonboy Thread Starter demonic

I was excited to receive a package yesterday from a Thai vape vendor with five bottles of e-juice from four different manufacturers. Every one I tried tasted of soap. Thinking I'd bought some clones or something I looked up 'soapy e-juice' and I realise this is a common phenomenon, caused either by not steeping the juice or by 'vape tongue'.

I changed coils and wick and tried the juices in both my Sub tank and on my dual coils. Still the same.

I tried my other juices and there was nothing wrong with them. It seems it was only this batch.

I washed all my gear in vodka and resorted to a reliable e-juice when I went out last night - no soapy taste.

Needless to say I am now steeping all the juices in the hope that there is some improvement over time but I'm surprised that this entire batch all taste the same. Could this be down to how they were stored? Or maybe they were all so new they hadn't had time to steep.

Any ideas why this has happened?

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Maybe the bottles were washed in a soapy solution & not rinsed properly before being filled with juice?

Konvict likes this.
  3. demonboy
    Devilish

But by four different manufacturers?

4. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

Four different manufacturers and all the same soapy taste, this is really strange and difficult to imagine how it may happen! Unless, your supplier is making all by himself and relabelling with various names...

5. demonboy
    Devilish

Well that did occur to me but I think they are a reputable retailer.

6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Doubtful...I agree. One possibility...the supplier is buying the juice in large quantities and re-bottling himself. Admittedly, this is a stretch...just very strange that they'd all taste like soap. Is there any difference in taste between them, i.e., does any of the intended flavor come though?

Konvict likes this.
  7. demonboy
    Devilish

Only on one of them. On another one, apples and lime, it just tastes of harsh menthol. That's the only one that tastes less soapy but it certainly doesn't taste of apples and lime. What I should do is return to this thread after a few days of steeping and see if there is any difference.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. Hakiim Raouf

Hakiim Raouf Well-Known Member

From my experience, Apple flavoring especially from China will taste more like dishwashing liquid as the chemical is too strong.

demonboy likes this.
  9. demonboy
    Devilish

Little update: all juices have been steeping for 24 hours now. The apple and lime one has improved, at least on the RDA. The mango one has also improved and is less soapy. The main culprit was the Cloud Niners 'Pudding' and that still tastes like shit. I'll continue to steep.

10. Hakiim Raouf

Hakiim Raouf Well-Known Member

Looks by the name you have bought juice from Malaysia if not mistaken. Most cheap juices brand in Malaysia uses China flavoring.
    But the seller in Thailand sells them at premium price. The best if you go and check individual company fb page or website. If their
    juices sell in Malaysia below RM$40 ( THB 350 ), there is a strong possibility that the flavoring came from China and it won't taste as good.

Scuba Vaper and Siam Diesel like this.
  11. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

Sounds unlikely 4 diff manufacturers are all contaminated in the same way. My prior experience was, clean everything thoroughly, new coil and new cotton, solved. The culprit was a contaminant I'd introduced, not anything to do with manufacturer.

Also, taste is subjective, and mine varies from day to day, and definitely get vaper's tongue when I vape a lot. ie what tastes like shit today, may not taste shit tomorrow.

Last resort blame the juice, usually there's nothing wrong with it, in my experience ...

12. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

Perhaps a longer wait is necessary. In my experience, very few juices are great out of the bottle. I usually let mine age at least a week before vaping.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  13. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

A lot of the GLV juices are good to go but the English Bulldog does need a good week or so to come good

D, have you ever tried any GLV juice yet?

sent from my ProVape Radius

14. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

Nope, never have.
    **Updated**
    Oops, was this directed to the OP? If so, sorry.

15. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

No mate that's why I added 'D'

sent from my ProVape Radius

debatedude likes this.