1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Best/Safest Battery for Evic VTC Mini

Discussion in 'Modifications and DIY' started by tommyr23, Oct 11, 2015.

1. tommyr23

tommyr23 Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hi,

Have an eVic VTC mini winging it's way to me at the moment. The is the first replaceable battery mod I've ever purchased and was wondering what were the best/safest batteries to use? Also, where to find them - could they be sourced in any shops in Chiang Mai? I'm a MTL vaper and normally am puffing away on around 1.5 ohms if that makes any difference.

Do you need a charger, or can you charge via th USB cable provided with the eVic?

Cheers,

T

2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

You could get away with something that has extra mAh and a lower amp rating but for the sake of argument / safety; I think Big has LG HE4 which will be fine for all purposes.

Can charge via USB I think on the eVic

The Rev, Dieter., Konvict and 2 others like this.
  3. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Since the Sony VTC5s are getting harder to come by I switched to the LG HE4. So far I really like them. Have yet to use them in a mech mod, still using the Sonys for that.

The Rev, Konvict and tommyr23 like this.
  4. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

I hate it when they say sony VTC4 or the like, why cant they just say how many amps it can pull.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Lotta likes this.
  6. tommyr23

tommyr23 Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Big is all out of the LG batteries for the moment - should be in stock in 10 days or so I think. Not sure whether I should hold out or try and get somewhere else - would prefer a local vendor as the mod should be coming in any day.

Are the purple eFest ones any good? Tienga has them I think.

7. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

They used to be re wrapped LG HE2 So a good battery yes, assuming they are still doing the same thing

8. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

The Samsung 25R seems to be a good battery as well. A lot of friends in the US are using them. Never used them myself though.