1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Best RDTA?ld

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by Longtail1, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Thread Starter Vaping Troll

now I know this is subjective (very subjective lol) but I now have a Gemini, Griffin and an aromamizer V2, arguably the three top tanks for vapor and flavor combined on lung hits.

All 3 are really nice and the airflow on the Gemini is really wide open for a good hit. But for me the best all round tank is still the Steam Crave Aromamizer.

Excellent flavour. Good vapor. Simple build deck, albeit a bit small, and easy wicking.

Neither the Gemini or Griffin come close on vapor but are superior for vapor.

Anybody know of a better tank than these three? I would love to get my hands on one if there is.

a_spirit likes this.
  2. a_spirit
    Angelic

a_spirit Swedish n00b

You should try avocado 24mm thats so nice, and im getting The hang of limitless rdta also now so those two is worth checking

Vaped from my iPhone with adapter to Tapatalk

3. sah

sah Member

Kayfun v5 is excellent , but a single coil only ... u could shove 2 coils in , but its made for a single coil ...
    It dont get better than that imho
    happy vaping

Longtail1 likes this.
  4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm...I'm still trying to figure out the thread title shorthand.
    :pleasure:

5. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Thread Starter Vaping Troll

Hmmmm me too. It appears I wrote this with boxing gloves on again.
    **Updated**
    Not a big fan of the Kayfuns, mainly because of the airflow tbh. Not good for lung hits. Single coil is the design so that's where it works best and I only single coil on a night out in a populated area for stealth, about once every three months now.

I have a 22mm avocado, and that's pretty good but really only single coil and what I use for stealth. Have to look at the 24mm and the limitless more closely.

a_spirit and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

This is the kind of thread subject that wakes me up but also gives me dread because I can go on and on with what I think of various tanks!

Dual coil and even though it's not fancy, like you @Longtail1 , overall I like the Aromamizer V2. Improved the airflow control over the V1 but still the same build deck and chamber size that makes for super nice flavor and a nice density and volume of vapor too.

Next up would be the Kayfun V5. Running 3 clones and I'm just super-pleased with the flavor (fantastic), ease of build and lack of any issues whatsoever. I like the look more than the aromamizer V2 but wish it was a little shorter. That's about the only downside thing I can think of when I consider that tank. Love the slightly restrictive lung hit.

Yeah I know it's not even fairly new but in third place, with flavor trumping its negatives, the Cthulhu V2. I had somewhat low expectations when I bought it however long ago it was and was shocked at the great flavor it produced. And it's still good enough that I can overlook the basically un-adjustable juice flow control on my copy when tanks is fully assembled (can adjust when deck is out for building). It's also somewhat tall like the kayfun v5 so you would think the longer travel with the chimney would take away but the deck plus chamber design works some kind of magic. Same sort of thing with the Kayfun V5.

Do like some of the other newer tanks like the Limitless and Avocado but the wicking method plays something on my mind too much, especially as the tanks empty and I start worrying if its tipping enough to saturate the wicks. That sort of thing. I also get more spit back with them at times...some builds good enough but others can have spit back. Instances of spitback more than other tanks I have.

Continuing with the newer tanks, do also really like the Billow V3. Very good flavor usually though sometimes have to be mindful with coil placement. Aromamizer Supreme over the Crius Plus but both nice for the somewhat larger diameter tanks.

Small tanks the Mage and Serpent Mini. Feel the Mage slightly better flavor but the Serpent Mini more straightforward with use and a lot of times I prefer a conventional drip tip. Both have great flavor.

Finally, I think the Griffins are pretty solid but was personally underwhelmed vs the hype. I think I expected more but now can say they are pretty solid.

I better stop here and before I get to my second tier, temporarily shelved, could be called into action at any moment tanks I have around here. Hell, I didnt even get through all the tanks I have in action right now. Scary.

7. etcyberdude

etcyberdude Well-Known Member

I will go for limitless rdta plus which is very good and easy to build. Check youtube review.

Longtail1 likes this.
  8. Nextron

Nextron Member

How about Digiflavor Siren? Good MTL device! I like it.

9. ozadr1an

ozadr1an Member

I'm really liking the iJoy Combo RDTA ... Its technically not Limitless (apparently it caused a falling out between iJoy/Limitless ?) .. but is basically a combo tank that has a RDA base option, or RTA options with a bunch of different build decks...

10. a_spirit
    Angelic

a_spirit Swedish n00b

Alpine rdta is by far the best rdta i tried so far, i like vgod rdta but this is better

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. Nakhonsisean

Nakhonsisean Well-Known Member

I bought a Serpent RDTA a few weeks back. Single coil but plenty of vapour for me with a stapled clapton alien juggernaut whatever thingy in it. Excellent flavour, pretty open airflow, super easy to build and wick, also never had even a hint of a leak from it. I've had or have most of the tanks mentioned above and it easily stands up to all of them or betters them with exception to the K5 and Hurricane on flavour. All this is subjective and depends on your vaping style of course. But for me it's now the first tank I reach for.

a_spirit likes this.
  12. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

In my experience the smaller tanks produce the most intense flavor. I have the Kayfun v5, Rose 3, Hurricane 1.3 and the Firebird v2. All of them are flavor tanks. The Firebird and the Hurricane are probably the top two for flavor. The new Hurricane v2 and my Firebird are exactly the same setup but have small capacity. The others hold around 4ml.

In my larger tanks I won't go listing them all I will just say that the Smok TF-rtda is the best of the lot. Very good flavor and huge clouds. When I want a real flavorful lung hit the Smok is the best I have. I would give honorable mention to the Griffin 25 Plus which I also have and it runs a close second to the Smok but cannot pull even on flavor. The big tanks drink the juice.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  13. Donkey
    Amused

Donkey Well-Known Member

Serpent Min 25 hands down my best tank right now. Easy to build solid little tank.

Capture.PNG

14. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

for 2016 tank as "Scratchy" I feel that the griffin is very good for flavor and solid, but my griffin 25 clone was sweating from the junction and leaking sometime wen I am feel it , he drink to much as double coil. I use it home with the single coil adapter. (and drippers on mech for sure).
    I like the crius for moving, easy to use even as transverse single coil, no leak or insignificant even in a plane, solid, small 22mm and big capacity; but surely not so good as the griffin , kayfun v5 and other for flavor