1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Best POD

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by byoung, Dec 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. byoung
    Cloud_9

byoung Thread Starter Upcountry Vaper

I'm curious what people like for a POD, vaping 60/40 juice. I'm leaning toward the Breeze, mostly because the replacement coils are inexpensive, but one reviewer says its best vaped with a 50/50 juice.

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I have a Breeze 2 and a Nautilus AIO...both by Aspire. I prefer the Nautilus AIO because I love the coils (and have plenty on hand). They also have introduced a new 1.8 ohm coil for 'nic salts' for the Nautilus AIO that has larger juice feed holes...trying a couple now with 70VG juice to see if they make a difference.

For stealth, you can't beat the Justfog Minifit...doesn't vape as well as either Aspire but it's damn tiny (I've got larger USB sticks). ;)

Bantorvaper and Rick O-Shea like this.
  3. byoung
    Cloud_9

I'm torn between the Breeze 1 and 2. The 2 is much improved, but the 1 has auto fire, so more stealthy...I think. I may just get one of each, as they use the same coils. I can get replacement pods for the 2, which would allow me to carry more than one juice by popping in and out different pods.

4. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

No idea which is the best, but I'm quite satisfied with my Nautilus AIO, although it's pretty much the polar opposite of how I have chosen to vape for the last 2 years.
    If you like MTL vaping I guess on paper it must be one of the most attractive options due to the coils.

I went away for 3 days on Sunday. Filled the AIO up, charged the battery, and chucked it in my bag. Returned home with half a tank and a battery at 60%.
    For me, it's not the most satisfying of vapes, but completely hassle-free which is what I want when I am away from home.

Although many others have them, I really appreciate the protection cap - great for the beach, and for chucking down your pants when the BiB are on the prowl.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. byoung
    Cloud_9

How are the plastic clips holding up on the Nautilus AIO? I see a lot of reports of them breaking rather quickly on the Breeze models.

6. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Can't say I have, nor expect to have, any issues.

7. Ben2vape

Ben2vape Well-Known Member

+1 for coils. I got a Smoant - I had to order 1000 pods from China because they're 150 each around here. With two pods to keep me going until they came (300 plus EMS 350) that ate my budget... but turned out well with Butterscotch/custard (very sweet and satisfying after dinner)...

I'd say the Nautilus would be better - coils can be had on Lazada and a few extra pods means you could have a few flavours on the trot to switch around easier than tanks.

Rick O-Shea likes this.
  8. byoung
    Cloud_9

I decided on the Nautilus AIO and it has been disappointing.

Filling the tank is difficult, but I can live with that. Works best by tilting the pod on its side for most of the filling, otherwise it backs up at the fill hole.

Flavor, with regular juice, using either coil option, is not that great. I got a complementary sample bottle of 6mg nic salts juice, as part of the purchase, and found the flavor overwhelmingly too strong, regardless of airflow settings. It could be that different flavors, or manufacturers, of juice will result in a more pleasing vape, but all I have to go in is the one that was sent to me. The flavor is Mango and it really does taste like Mango...on steroids!

The biggest problem is with the coils. With frequent vaping, using 3mg regular and 6mg NS juice, the coils that came with the pod only lasted 2-3 days and they die instantly, so you can't go the rest of the day on a failing coil. To continue vaping, you have to change the coil, before returning home. Worse, it is very difficult to change the coil, without loosing the juice in the tank. It can be done, but it's cumbersome and messy. Keeping a finger over the mouth piece will prevent the juice from dumping out, but then you only have one hand free to replace the coil, which must be unscrewed/screwed from/to the pod and its base. It is a process that is best done at home. I should also mention that by the time the coil fails I've only charged the battery once and the tank is still nearly full of juice.

After experiencing the issue with changing coils I now realize the Breeze 2 would be the better option, because the coil mounts on top of the tank and is attached to the chimney on the other end, so no issues with juice draining out. The Breeze 1 is also designed so juice won't spill out, but the Breeze 2 has a larger battery and juice tank, so it seems like the better choice. Also, reviewers say the Breeze 2 does not have the same issues with filling, provided you pull the orange plug off to reveal a second hole. The same can be achieved with the Nautilus, if one feels like doing some drilling.

Both the Nautilus and Breeze 2 allow you to switch pods, so taking along a spare, with a fresh coil in it, would eliminate having to change the coil, while out and about. That said, with the Nautilus, you still have to deal with juice spill, at some point. Odds are the coil will fail before the tank is empty. Frankly, it seems more practical to carry a spare coil, and Breeze 2, than taking along an extra pod. I think a spare pod is useful for those who want to enjoy more than one juice, rather than relying on it for a backup coil.

I'll probably try the Breeze 2, but I'm not overly optimistic the coils will last any longer, or die any slower. The only way to know is to test. The reason I want a pod device is for stealth vaping, when out and about. Using it for that purpose, it is more logical to vape a much higher nicotine juice, which will drastically reduce the number of puffs during the day and lengthen the life of the coil. Best I can determine that is how they are intended to be used. Even so, I would have expected the Nautilus coils to last longer, under heavier vaping...about 5 days.

Bantorvaper likes this.
  9. Ben2vape

I picked up the eleaf Amnis for stealthy vaping. It's more obvious than the smoant 'pebble' but it's easy to conceal and gives a choice of coils... I'm actually getting better flavour from the coils than the mesh for some reason. Coils available on Lazada... I think Nautilus too.

If I open it, and do a DL, I can get a hit with hardly any vapour at all with a little slipstreaming - using 50mg nicsalt.

BTW I'm intersted to know where I can get nicotine - I see many 3mg options for eliquid but I'm sure that's not enough (seems they mostly target Thai teens...).

10. Sue
    Breezy

Sue Well-Known Member

I tried a lot of Pod systems, starting with Myblu, Bo, Smok Infinix, Surorin Air, Joyetech Teros etc. and finally got stuck to the Justfog Minifit. With this cute device, good vape and flavor, all my other devices (open as well) became useless.

Siam Diesel and Ben2vape like this.
  11. Ben2vape

Interesting - right now I'm ploughing through a box of S8 pods, but I won't buy more - they cost too much for the time they last (combined with nicsalt costing the same as smoking). I'm sick of getting random burned pulls - after a burned pull you either put up with bad taste, spend a long time trying to flush it with alchohol/water (need to take a swig of water to dilute the taste then start sucking and blowing the liquid through) or bin the thing... Now I'm over it. I'll bin them and buy something better... Next month I'll have an old fashioned 200W mod (Oumier's Rudder) and a Vapefly's Galaxy to build in for home use.

If I replace it, I'll go for the 'Infinix Killer'. Similar form, but with variable voltage or - get this - TEMP control. That's right - burn proof pods, now there's something rather special.

It's the Tesla GG - looks like the infinix, has bluetooth for setting voltage or temp control up on the phone and comes with ceramic coil - but there are cotton replacements (which I think might taste better).

The only downside I can see is they STILL don't give you an option to pull the cotton for rewicking or generally giving the coils a clean...

However, with TC I think that the pods might prove much better value - and I love that I can have a grape and a butterscotch pod in my pocket for different times of day.

IMO the Tesla GG is a complete game changer - real innovation, showing a way forward for more reliable stealthy devices at lower prices.

What we need is someone to design a nice battery (I love the S8's form factor, and I'm sure you can make them any shape you like... bump up the power).

What I think sucks is that you can't blend the idea of TANK and POD, come up with easy rewickable Pods with a fairly simple build option (maybe just a simple SS coil).

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019