1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Benefits of Vaping

Discussion in 'The Thailand Quit Smoking Discussion' started by byoung, Jul 10, 2014.

1. byoung
    Cloud_9

byoung Thread Starter Upcountry Vaper

Health and cost issues aside, these are the other advantages of vaping that I've come up with:

• No cigarette burns, on any thing or anyone
    • Can smoke (vape) inside without worry of trashing everything
    • Don't smell like an ashtray...not sure about kissing
    • Can sneak a vape in the bathroom of a plane, train or bus
    • Can sneak a vape in many commercial bathrooms
    • Some people will let you vape in their car
    • No tobacco stained teeth
    • No problems lighting up, because of the wind
    • Speaking of wind...no ashes in your eyes
    • No worrying about butts starting a fire
    • No cleaning of ashtrays
    • No one bums a cigarette from you
    • I no longer have to try and remember how to ask for an ash tray in Thai

Any more?

etlava and chris snell like this.
  2. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

No more "cigarette" hangover when you wake up and feel like an ashtray is in your chest.

No smelly fingers

Way less crap on our teeth at the end of the day

No dry mouth in the morning

No queuing at 7/11 for a pack

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

etlava likes this.
  3. byoung
    Cloud_9

byoung Thread Starter Upcountry Vaper

No stained fingers. :)

4. Bic

Bic New Member

How about:

-Once you have your hardware, vaping <25% (or even as low as 10%) of the price of smoking

AND you haven't mentioned the MOST important one:

HEALTH: Leading medical researches have recently come out with two VERY indicative statements:

-Smoking has health risks between 100-10000 times higher than vaping. They are quite confident that the true estimate of smoking risk (relative to vaping) is about 1000 times riskier (but with so little actual data in yet [so far] they are basing these estimates on 'clinical presentation' and preclinical studies rather than epidemiological studies (we need widespread use of e-cigs for 20 or 30 years before we can consider this);
    -In other words, a lifetime of vaping offers the same health risks as about 3 months of tobacco smoking (put that in your pipe and smoke it:vaping:)

So here is the 64,000 dollar question: Why is vaping illegal in most countries (including Thailand)????

Answer: REVENUE!!!!!!! Governments can no longer pretend to be taxing smoking for the sake of 'health risk minimisation'. It seems instead that a few hundred thousand smoking related deaths per year are worth the cash.

OMG. Listen to me. I sound like an undergraduate!!!!

etlava and bifftastic like this.
  5. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

fruit-lover Well-Known Member

Sorry to burst your balloons guys, but I've been vaping for nearly a year and have spent way more than I would have if I was smoking more than a packet a day.
    Apart from that, I agree with you on everything else. I'm healthier, my se. Life is much better and get kissed a lot more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

Sorry to burst your balloons guys, but I've been vaping for nearly a year and have spent way more than I would have if I was smoking more than a packet a day.
    Apart from that, I agree with you on everything else. I'm healthier, my sex life is a lot better and I get kissed a lot more

7. Bic

Bic New Member

Haha:grin:

Actually, I am the same (I didn't want to mention that because it took the punch out of what I was saying:grin:).

However, I assume you have adopted vaping as a hobby (I have also). Like me, I suspect you didn't consider smoking cigarettes as a hobby. So, I do maintain my point.

For example, if I stuck with my original decent setup (after throwing the Ego-C in the bin) it was about 1300THB (iTaste VV/VW + Aspire BDC CE5), and also I vaped at my general level (about 1.5 x 10mls bottles per week of chinese 'fruit' juices) AND IMPORTANTLY I didn't get obsessed with buying new mods, atomisers, wire, wick etc etc etc) then:

E-cig price 1300THB
    Juice per week (about 75THB)

vs analogs per week (about 500THB)

After 10 weeks (I WOULD be) 3000THB ahead now, and saving >400THB each and every extra week.

But the very important point fruit-lover makes:

I COULD BE 3000 ahead, but I think I about 7000 behind:pleasure:

But still NO REGRETS. I don't smoke analogs, and I enjoy the hobby. I consider myself well ahead.

One last point we should consider is that we live in Thailand, where analogs are very cheap. Back in Oz, I was spending about $20 per day. Using that as a base comparison, I would still be ahead (even counting all my newer stuff) .

8. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

I've gone from an Ego-C (3,500baht) to iTaste V3, MVP2, Nemesis, SVD, Magneto, Provari Mini and the Vapor Shark should arrive in a week or two.... and that's just my PVs.

9. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

My list would be huge, and as for costs, I'd say over nearly 2 years in vaping it's well over the 100k mark....

10. PattsVaper
    Lurking

PattsVaper Thailand Vapers Member

A couple more benefits come to mind.

* Not having to carry a lighter or when you haven't got one, looking around for another smoker to bum a light from.
    * Coming home to a nice smelling rooms with no stinky tobacco odors and no need to buy air fresheners.
    * No more stink on your clothes.
    * No more worry about second-hand smoke and health hazards to others. I remember when smoking around my 8 year old son and him telling me, "Daddy you're murdering me!"
    * No more running out to the 7Eleven at 2 AM to buy another pack of fags.
    * No more trashing the environment with cigarette butts.

Yep, after 2 packs a day for 48 years, I don't miss the analogs one bit.
    For me, I would've paid 10 times what I've spent on vaping gear to get off the cancer sticks. With cigarettes you smoke 'em throw the butts away and you've got nothing where as with vaping you've got all these shiny toys to play with and enjoy. It's a great hobby to have where you can share knowledge, stories and friendship with a great bunch of guys such as everyone here on Thai E Vape.

Vape on! :vaping: :cheers2:

11. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

I never smoked in the house....

With ya on that one..

100% with you there mate..:very good::very good::here's your beer:

12. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Sleep.

I would often wake up at 2,3,4 am and not get back to sleep. Although I still wake up at those silly times I easily fall back to sleep again.

13. Banjo

Banjo Member

No more sitting on the porch/balconey all evening ignoring my 4 year old daughter. I haven't' smoked in the house since she arrived, but i spent an enormous amount of time out of it due to my cig habit. Now we sit and watch cartoons together and if i need a nic hit i'll have a sneaky vape without moving an inch or her noticing. Generally a hit or two will keep me going for half an hour. Previously i'd be out the door, rolling up and gone at least 15 minutes. More often than not i'd take a beer along, and my phone and be out there much of the evening chain smoking.

So my addition to the list would be a big thumbs up to Family Time. Priceless.

14. Redhotchilli

Redhotchilli New Member

No more yellow stained fingers!

15. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Yeah, that is a huge benefit!