1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Battery life and higher wattages

Discussion in 'Vaping Technical Issues' started by David in Bangkok, Jan 19, 2015.

1. David in Bangkok

David in Bangkok Thread Starter Well-Known Member

This is sort of a dumb question but I don't really understand this field too well.

If I vape on 10W would I get 1/2 the battery life as I would if I upped the watts to 20? Or is it not that simple?

I think there maybe twice as much vapor and in reality you may not vape twice the amount if you up the watts to 20, but I'm wondering if I have the battery life I do now, how would I just for curiosity sake estimate how much mah the battery would be eating up running the same with extra watts.

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

David in Bangkok likes this.
  3. flem
    Relaxed

flem Vaping for 5 years

Hi David I just checked your question. On a regulated mod and with a 0.5ohm coil running with a samsung 25R i will get this

at 20w 28 minuttes
    at 30w 19 minuttes
    at 40w 14 minuttes

so doubble up and you get half time

4. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

That is correct, David, giving your resistance is the same in both case.

With the same res, the more wattage, the more you are asking your battery.

Now with a fix wattage, the lower your resistance is, the more you are asking you battery.

10W on a 0.5ohms will drain the power faster than 10W on a 1ohms.

Definitively not a dumb question :)

Sent from the future

David in Bangkok and debatedude like this.
  5. David in Bangkok

David in Bangkok Thread Starter Well-Known Member

That's what I was wondering exactly I guess. Although I never really thought about the 10W off 1.0 ohms or 0.5 ohms it's really more complicated than just the number of watts you are putting out.

I guess I hope I can stick to the lower wattages because while I like the battery life of my small mods, I would probably not be nearly as satisfied if it only lasted for half the time.
    Although this may be more complicated because the amount and how quick the vapor comes out is a factor in how long you would be vaping at low vs high watts.

6. flem
    Relaxed

flem Vaping for 5 years

Davis. at the moment my 2 setups I use daily is the cloupor mini with a 1.20hm coil and running at 17watt
    the other is my Xpro M50watt with the atlantis at 0.5ohm and running 28watt.
    they both have samsung 25R in them and they last me all day.
    I vape betwen 10 and 15ml a day, so that is not bad battery life - the atlantis like juice.