1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Batteries / Charger - Lazada?

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by SooKee, Aug 23, 2017.

1. SooKee
    Lurking

SooKee Thread Starter Contented Single Coiler

Looking to pick up 2 18650 batteries for my Smoant Battlestar, it won't get used much but I'd rather have at least two spares for when the batteries get low rather than having to use the mod USB charger. One question, do 18650 batteries have any other designation like 'AAAA' or 'DDD' or whatever or are they all the same at approx 65mm length? I'd hate to order online and find they're the wrong size.

I've seen many mentions of 18650 batteries that are good but that they are not so good for vaping so I was looking at the Sony VC5 which seem to positive comments here. I've messaged Bigby-Pass on LINE but the threads I saw are from way back so not sure if the business is still going? I see Thai Vape Shop have them too but the decent chargers (Nitecore I2/I4) are out of stock (actually they seem to be out of stock of a considerable amount of their inventory, on some pages there's more out of stock than in - down to the problems of importing I guess?).

Bit unsure about ordering from Lazada in terms of copy junk but if I was forced too which of the chargers out of the Nitecore I2 or Xtar VC2 would be better? Lazada carry both.

Thanks in advance.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  2. Nakhonsisean

Nakhonsisean Well-Known Member

It's the Sony VTC5A that everyone likes, the VTC5 is an older battery now but still good, also look at Samsung 25R and 30Q. Out of those chargers? The Xtar wins hands down. Never ordered batteries or anything vape related from Lazada, so no idea about the quality you will get from their vendors but I would be very wary.

debatedude, Siam Diesel and SooKee like this.
  3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

It is.
    AFAIK, they don't have any other designation.
    Lazada is good for some things...I use them frequently...but not for vape gear. The link to the XTAR distributor for Thailand below...I bought an XTAR VP2 from him and it's been going strong for over 3 years. He's easy to deal with on LINE even though the site is mostly in Thai.
    Sun Flashlight จำหน่าย ไฟฉายประสิทธิภาพสูง

As for batteries, there's a ton of good information in this thread...including some trusted suppliers, some of whom will still ship to Thailand.
    The Cost of Good Batteries / Battery Safety Links | Thailand Vapers

PS - I moved this thread out of Big's Shop area and parked it here...we don't really have just a battery/charger section.

judas, debatedude, jpr and 1 other person like this.
  4. SooKee
    Lurking

Brilliant, thanks.

Currently chatting online with Sun Flashlight. They have the VC2, VC2 Plus and VP2 chargers in stock. I'm always tempted to get the best available BUT do suffer at times from overkill for what I actually NEED. I will not be a frequent user so probably need to charge infrequently. Happy enough to pay the 1,400 for the VP2 if it's really worth it BUT equally happy enough to buy the VC2 at 650 if it's good enough or even the VC2 Plus Master at 890.

Batteries wise I'm currently looking at the Sony VC5 (which Bigby Pass) have in stock vs the VC6 (from a helpful PM). I use the mod at mostly under 30 w so it'll come down to whatever battery does the job better and is available from a reliable seller. I've seen one supplier with the VC6 in stock on Lazada. Genuine, I'd guess (hope) so.

5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

You can research the chargers here: Batteries and chargers

Be careful...there are a lot of fake Sony VTC batteries in the wild...

debatedude, SooKee and Konvict like this.
  6. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

7. SooKee
    Lurking

Interesting. Thanks. Pity you can't place one order for both items though. Have to do separate orders which will mean paying twice and getting caught for 2 foreign currency transaction charges to the card instead of 1. Seems because one item is a battery.

Currently pondering the charger above or the Xstar VC2 Plus Master that Sun Flashlight have. Might go for the 30Q batteries from GB seeing as I've only found one supplier of the VT6 batteries and that's a Lazada trader. Concerned I don't get copies.

Posted using Tapatalk
    **Updated**
    Hmmmm. Decided to go with the Xstar VC 2 Plus from Sun Flashlight. Was going to order the 30Q batteries from Gear Best but coming up 'Cannot Ship to Thailand'. Odd?? I can understand vaping gear but batteries???

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  8. SooKee
    Lurking

Thanks for the help and advice. Finally ended up going with:

Charger: Xstar VC2 Plus Master from Sun Flashlight

LGH2 x 2 from TVS

Samsung 30Q x 2 from Gear Best

Would have got 2 VT6 but couldn't find a supplier (yet). GF wants a mod too now so I'll likely be grabbing her a Snow Wolf 200 so I'll look around some more for the VT6.

Posted using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Hmmm, you'll have better luck searching for a VTC6. ;)
    I believe these guys ship here...
    NKON | Sony Konion US18650VTC6 3120mAh - 30A

SooKee likes this.
  10. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

IF they're genuine...just sayin'. Both the HG2 & VTC5 have been cloned in the past. ;)

lordofthedread likes this.
  12. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

True but don't see why they would on Lazada as they don' really target vapers ... just sayin' :)

Anyone else in need of 18650 has quite a large selection from Lazada but they won't do for vapers tho unless you are vaping at really low wattages.

SooKee, jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Personally, I'd be leery. Lazada is a bit like eBay...they have to rely on the descriptions provided by the individual suppliers. For flashlights, etc., I'd might consider giving them a go but for vape gear (even though I vape at low wattages), I just prefer to buy from a few trusted suppliers. Mooch (of FB fame) has posted some horror stories regarding clones...even Micky got duped with counterfeit VTC5's a couple of years back. :)

SooKee and jpr like this.
  14. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

I have taken to ordering all my 18650's from major China vendors. They are cheaper and most ship batteries to Thailand. The major companies are not going to sell fakes and if you catch them on sale you can get some excellent pricing. I generally order 8 at a time. Keeps me set for a long time. There are no restrictions on batteries entering Thailand.

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  15. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

yes, No restriction and good price but you don't know what you'll get.
    (I just get 4 original clone of samsung 25R from ebay, 1 is already inflated, direct to the bin. )
    yes but using the fake carefully
    Mooch - Will your fake Samsung 25R battery explode? No.I... | Facebook
    The Cost of Good Batteries / Battery Safety Links | Page 10 | Thailand Vapers

Siam Diesel likes this.