1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Bank acc for a non thai

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by Vince, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Vince

Vince Thread Starter Member

Hey guys,

Don't know if this is the right place to post. Pls do help me move it if it's not. Thanks admins. :)

How does one open a bank acc here in without marriage or a working visa? Can it be done?

2. Yong

Yong Well-Known Member

I don't think it can be done. Used to be somewhat up to the bank manager when i opened my account almost 5 years back.

Recently tried asking the same green bank whether i could shut my account in chiangmai and open one here so that i dont have to keep paying the damn fees. and they said no unless i have the right documents and that they've become more strict.

you could try asking at a few branches @Vince.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Vince

:cry:

Darn. I've tried a few different banks in a shopping centre near the place I'm putting up at the moment. All of them needs proper documents.

Anyone else knows of a nice enough branch manager or any other ways to go about it?

4. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Try Kasikorn Bank with a big wad of cash in hand.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Bangkok Bank seems to be the easiest for foreigners but don't limit your self to them. The answer to whether or not you can open a bank account depends on the branch, the employee, the time of day, and the weather. Try to open an account with as much money as you can. The larger the amount the easier it is. Go from branch to branch, bank to bank. Sooner or later you will find one that will open an account for you. A certificate of residence or Thai DL will be a great asset as well.

6. Vince

How much money is considered 'a big wad of cash'?

7. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

BBL rules for short-time / long-time:

In Thailand for a short time?

Even if you are only visiting Thailand for
    a relatively short period of time, you can open a savings account and get a debit
    card to use for shopping and ATM withdrawals. All you will need to provide
    is your passport and one other official identification document – for example,
    a reference letter from your embassy,
    your home bank or a person acceptable
    to the bank.

You will also need to provide evidence of your address in Thailand as well as your regular address in your home country.

Staying for a long time?
    If you have a work permit, are a permanent resident, or hold a long-stay visa, you can apply for a wider range of services such as a cheque account, internet banking and online international funds transfer services
    LINK:
    Opening an account

8. Donkey
    Amused

Donkey Well-Known Member

Being American it was extremely difficult for me finding bank willing to help. They just dont like all our IRS snooping FATCA paper-work involved. Took all day after the first 4 banks told me NO i got a YES from Bangkok Bank. All i had to show was my VISA proof of address and a few thousand baht. Pretty easy unless you're from the USA lol.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    AI-NAAM likes this.
  9. Vince

i guess i'll just have to try bangkok bank soon. thank guys

10. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

There is a lot of paper work for US citizens but Bangkok Bank is more used to it than the others since they accept US SS payments. It takes a little persistence and luck but eventually you will get there. The size of your deposit also seems to determine how helpful the bank can be.

Donkey likes this.
  11. mamablu
    Psychedelic

mamablu Active Member

I must say i agree. Im amwrican too and open feel pissed on!! Lol!! Other countries do seem to despise us!! But at least we got out!!

12. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

I was going say the same as Rick said
    Years back a mate of mine who was living in Bangkok didn't have the right docs to open an account but he still went to the bank to ask

When they said no he pulled out 200,000 thb and asked how he was supposed to keep that safe without a bank account, 20 mins later his account was open and all was good

sent from my ProVape Radius

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
    Siam Diesel and debatedude like this.
  13. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

In CM half that would produce the same results.

14. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Its also a big advantage to have a bank that has debit cards that work with internet payments, I have SCB and K bank accounts K Banks cards work, SCB dont, and cant.

Siam Diesel likes this.