1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Bangkok Wholesale Electronic Cigarette and Liquid Supplier, Do you know any ?

Discussion in 'General Thailand E-Liquid Discussion' started by amateur, Jan 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amateur

amateur Thread Starter New Member

Hello,

Do you know who are the wholesale suppliers of the ecigs sold in Thailand ?

Where to find them in the city ?

Do you know if some of them sell online also ?

Thanks a lot.

2. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

The only company I know of who wholesales is Siam mods, and they refuse to anyone in Thailand. The reason for this is ecigs in Thailand are of questionable legality. Even the shops here operate under other fronts. If you want to order wholesale, best to order from china.

3. amateur

Thank you. Siam mods wholesale in Thailand but not to Thai ? Really it's weird ! So they send goods abroad only ? Thanks.

4. ryanmacl

Thats correct, and apparently they are really strict about it. I guess they don't want to be shut down by the government. It's a shame too, they have some really nice pieces.

- - - Updated - - -

And its not just to Thais, they will only export. They won't sell to anyone within the Kingdom.

5. pommyb

pommyb New Member

I will back that up as well. I approached them regarding Thai dealers for their products and they told me that they only export. No exceptions.

They do make really nice gear though and it would be worth having a look at them.

6. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Same what many of us got told about them, no can do...I fully understand them doing it that way

7. amateur

I think you don't really understand.

The only reason why they don't want to sell it here is that they would have to sell it cheaper, that's all, no doubt about it, they prefer to pretend that it's only for export and sell overpriced items.

Wish them good Chinese fakes soon <3

8. ryanmacl

Believe what you want to believe, but they are a very reputable company which has been in this business for several years, and while they don't sell very many things, those items they sell are very highly rated. Not to mention, Thais pay damn near double what people pay elsewhere, go try to buy a Provari in Thailand and you'll see rather quickly. Also, the items they sell are very reasonably priced. Personally, I would love to get my hands on their set of Murano glass drip tips.

9. pommyb

pommyb New Member

Whatever the reason they don't want to seel, the fact still remains that they don't. As previously mentioned Prices in Thailand are very high for everything so if they wanted to make money, why NOT sell here.

And if there aren't so potential legal problems with selling in Thailand, then why arer there NO vape shops as such? Shops that sell under the counter with a different stock line as a front as well are not really vape shops, in my opinion.

Anyway, enoiugh of that.

10. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

Before you go assuming the worst, read the following taken from thailandguru.com. The logical assumption is that this company is structured as an export only under Thai law.

---

Linked within the Foreign Business Act, there is a long list of areas of business commerce comprising almost every business field imaginable, organized into different categories with specified restrictions on foreigners. However, if you read everything carefully from a legal viewpoint, taken altogether, it appears that one kind of majority foreign owned business you can have is manufacturing solely for export.

After all, the Thailand economy's Gross National Product is 68% exports, 7% tourism, and only 25% domestic consumption. (Most people don't realize the extreme dependence of Thailand's economy and wellbeing on the exports business, which has fueled Thailand's growth just like most other major Asian economies.) Obviously, this is why the government keeps a legal door there for sole exporters to go thru, and if your key looks like it will fit, then you can try it.

This does not mean you can set up a paper company for exports then gain all the benefits without actually engaging in much export business. These companies are scrutinized very carefully, and approvals are at the discretion of the Thai officials based on due diligence inspection.

An export company can be initially set up to be majority Thai owned, then after actual production and documentation of exports, can do a share transfer between Thais and foreigners and see what happens... but I strongly suggest you have a good Thai lawyer in your jurisdiction if you attempt this, in case officials object to something, so it can be argued effectively. Talk with Steve Sykes of Indo-Siam about this (see the links to them elsewhere on this page).

Exporters also have different accounting options since there is both domestic and foreign income. If the Thai banks and government give you a problem with majority foreign ownership, then you can just set up your own distributorship in any other country, sell the Thai products at a small profit, then make your money at your distributorship in that other country.

If you are an exporter on an appreciable level, then you can often work things out with both the Thai officials and banks, since they would much prefer you to make your profits in Thailand.

However, they want to see proof, and don't want to be bothered by all the paper tigers and talkers of which there are so many.

Thailand's rapid growth has been at the hands of foreign exporters, so obviously, the laws and regulations have always been accomodating for substantive people in great numbers. If they can do it, why can't you? It's not rocket science, but it does require real substance.

11. amateur

Yes of course this is the official reason and it might be true, but who cares the law in Thailand especially if they already have money...

They could easily sell the products to some wholesalers who would sell them in the streets but they just don't want.

But don't worry, you will find them here soon, as I never accept that anyone does not sell me something that I want or that my customers want...

12. scuttler

scuttler New Member

I was asked to join this forum by a member to reply to some misunderstandings.
    Amateur is completely wrong and i dont know where he gets his info from.

I am the owner of Siam Mods and have NEVER sold wholesale to anyone in Thailand.
    I do have a few close friends who i have given some free stuff to for personal use only.
    As mentioned i will not sell any products in the Kingdom. I started a legit company here but the corruption was too much so shut it down promptly.

I consult to one of the largest European dealers in Europe named pink-mule both in Spain and from my home in Thailand.

Siam Mods was started by myself and a Thai gent in Bangkok. The Thai national now sells many non Siam products within the Kingdom but is no longer any part of Siam mods.

I chose to consult Pink Mule as they have by far the largest choice of products and prices. All stock and wholesale from Siam is conducted from Pink Mule in Spain. Please remember that if you order products from Pink Mule or anywhere else in Europe you will NOT have to pay VAT and it will be deducted at check-out.

13. -V-
    Cool

I use Pink Mule a lot, and they are a great vendor, usually 7 days top 10 days to get here.

14. mash
    Nerdy

mash zZz

Relly nice to hear, iam waiting for some stuff from there and when i ordered i forgot that iam going to cha-am the 5. next mounth so relly hoping it comes before that.:very good:

15. -V-
    Cool

Just got a load of stuff just got to me today, 10 days to get to me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.