1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Ban on shipment of high drain batteries

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by Chodi, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Chodi

Chodi Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I have ordered 18650 batteries from China sellers several times without issue. I did this as recently as two months ago from Gearbest on a flash sale. I went in to order again yesterday and discovered that they can no longer ship to Thailand. So, I went to other popular China sites I have used and found than none will ship batteries to Thailand any longer. I have no idea if this is a local ban or some new international issue. I know there are some local suppliers of vape product who still have 18650 batteries for sale but at twice the price.

Is it possible this ban will cause the supply even from local companies to dry up? Is it possible that 18650 batteries could become as rare as wild tigers in Thailand? This would make vaping in Thailand impossible at least for me. As of now I will pay the inflated prices to buy from local vendors as there seems to be no choice.

farangmick, jpr and Konvict like this.
  2. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

It works for me at GB!

I will order them right now because I really don't want to be without batteries!

Siam Diesel and jpr like this.
  3. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

It's IMO not a ban but a air shipping regulation problem. ( high price shipping problem)
    1 months ago GB could send Batteries to Thailand not FT. now not?
    eBay do it, but we have to think of the high probability of false , I was one of the happy winner.
    (dangerous for high power vapers and you feel mad to paid for the real one and get false)
    Anyways agree with you: get original 18650 can be just a headache...maybe the precious link here in LoS... I'll follow this thread.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  4. Konvict
    Relaxed

I just can confirm that I ordered 18650's at GB!

They were on my list already, but I was ordering other things first that were more important to me, so no biggie!

5. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

I just order 2*18650 30Q to Gear Best, It look to be OK to LoS (sea shipping)

Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  6. Konvict
    Relaxed

I guess a lot of batteries are going to be ordered in the next couple of days!:chinrub:

7. Konvict
    Relaxed

Yes, very fast SEA shipping!:rolling laugh:

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. Chodi

Chodi Thread Starter Well-Known Member

You inspired me to look again on Gearbest and I find that today they will let me order via sea shipping with a healthy surcharge. Still better than local pricing. SEA shipping is very slow but I can wait.

Konvict likes this.
  9. Konvict
    Relaxed

Yes, if you can wait for SEA shipping it won't be a problem!:sunny:

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  10. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

SEA shipping took <10 days whenever I have used them. That is the service that arrives via Kerry Express, not the service that arrives via City Link

Konvict, Siam Diesel and jpr like this.
  11. Manj
    Breezy

Manj Active Member

I have ordered lipo high drain batteries from china without an issue. They ship it by road freight and much more cost effective. Takes about a week to get here.

jpr likes this.