1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Aspire Pegasus

Discussion in 'Youtube Vaping Videos' started by -V-, Oct 19, 2015.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Not sure about the auto temp change for the chip, looks like it could be hit and miss and the ohm lock could be dodgy...and the cotton burn test can't be done..lol...

Have them in stock here
    Aspire Pegasus 70W Mod (TC) 0.2 - 5 Ohm

Not a bad price...

2. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Locally in Phuket as well. At least a couple weeks ago. Really good quality body but was shocked at how badly it treated Ti coils. I couldn't find a temp range setting (that would work on my other mods) that would do so on this one. Was always extremely weak.

3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Did you try it in-store or is it now part of your (continually growing) collection, @Scratchy? ;)

Scratchy and Rick O-Shea like this.
  4. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I think I can guess.

It's becoming so frequent that he's now embarrassed to admit purchases!

Scratchy and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

If it keeps up, an intervention may be needed. :D

Scratchy and Rick O-Shea like this.
  6. Scratchy
    Lurking

Hey-hey! Tried in-store only! :surprised:

Siam Diesel likes this.
  7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Hehehe...so you resisted the temptation! Intervention has been put on hold...for now! :p

8. Scratchy
    Lurking

If it didnt have the issue with Ti I would have considered purchasing over the XCubeII at the time :)

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

Only got round to watching a review on it today (even tho I have one) and am pretty sure it'll only do Ni @Scratchy...

Siam Diesel likes this.
  10. Scratchy
    Lurking

Yeah, when I handled it and went online in the shop to look, I found it didn't support Ti. The disappointing thing thing is that, while all my other TC mods that also do not have direct Ti support, I can vape it perfectly fine by simply lowering the temperature setting. For example, on a DNA 40 I set it to about 370 F for a vape that's similar to 480F using Ni200. Cannot remember exactly but with the Sigelei 75W the setting is like 290 - 300 F, again, works just fine. That's what I meant about an issue with Ti....not like an issue where it is supposed to directly support it but doesn't work.

Otherwise the mod was pretty impressive with build quality that's for sure!

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

Ah, sorry my bad...yes you're right, it's very well made and works very well in the normal VW mode [​IMG]

12. Scratchy
    Lurking

I dont doubt it work well in Ni200 mode too. At the time I tried it I had an atty with titanium coil and the guy in the shop let me try it out. Couldn't test Ni200.

13. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

From what I have seen of test from German reviewers, its a bit of an disappointment. The spring of the battery door is part of the electric circuit, but according to the reviewer far to week, and together with a steady centerpin, the whole circuit gets to unstable. The automatic detection can damage a coil, that gets to much power, since the test is done with 30 watt. . So all in all I had no desire to buy this mod.

Since you can't switch between tc and wattage mode yourself, the reviewer performed a test where the replace a kanthal tank with a tc dripper and made the dry burning test. He succeeded really fine.....It burnt.

Screenshot from 2015-11-04 12:38:38.v01.png

The trick is to first take the battery our or just open the battery door and close it again, when you want to switch between a tank with Kanthal and later a TC tank.

Here the data for the ones interested.

Screenshot from 2015-11-04 12:32:03.v01.png

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  14. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

To be honest Dieter this was never meant to be a TC mod as far as I can tell...on VW with Kanthal it's a good solid Mod

15. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

You might just be right. The tc was added just to try and get some more customers to buy this one. But honestly I'm quite disappointed, because I an looking for good TC mods. And so fare i have some really fine mods that work fine in TC mode. That is just my sweet-spot either some mods where I can use my Kayfun's or some decent TC mods. So if you are into TC, this is a mod not to buy.