1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Aspire Pegasus 18650 Mod...

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by BuzzSamui, Jul 21, 2015.

1. BuzzSamui
    Cloud_9

BuzzSamui Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Aspire is proud to release our new Box Mod - Aspire Pegasus! The Pegasus is a handheld personal vaporizer that delivers from 1 to 70 watts, a floating 510 connection, and an easy to read display. Available in three finishes brushed slate, brushed chrome, and brushed brass, it looks as great as it feels. The Pegasus’ accepts 18650 batteries and includes a micro usb charging port. Please check here for more details:Aspire - Aspire Pegasus

To introduce the all new Pegasus mod we are having a promotion from July 28th to July 30th, check here for promotion information:
    Aspire Pegasus mod release---Shopping Spree - Aspire Activities Discussions on Aspire Forums

This is slightly bigger & has a floating 510, but I like the looks of the Subox Mini better myself ...
    **Updated**
    •To increase the wattage turn the gear to the left, to descrease the wattage turn the gear to the right. If you turn the gear quickly the wattage will be increased or decreased in 10 watt increments.

Neilly and Siam Diesel like this.
  2. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Sent by DHL, hmmm.

3. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob hair club for men member

Temp control?

4. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Certainly behind the "curve" as far as box mods go although it does have a couple of features people might be interested in that not many other devices have.

The charging dock & the battery quick release.

5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Not bad looking...build quality looks good and do like the charging base but other than that, not much else to distinguish it from all the other box mods in this price range. Lack of temp control is a negative IMO. DHL is a killer but they have little choice for the promotion due to the free battery that's included... ;)

6. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I like the 40A battery though !

7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Don't believe all you read...and 1800 mAh won't last long at higher power settings. ;)

8. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

But I am a dreamer ^^

I don't see the point of putting a 40A batt in this kind of device though. Would be better of with a 25 or 30A limit and 2500mAh.

9. Rick O-Shea

I'm not sure if it's the same battery but the Aspire 40A has been panned by those with the capabilities to test properly. I remember reading (I think on ECF) that at 40A the battery reached 115c and received so much damage from the test that the capacity lost during cycles ranged between 11-93%.
    Someone even went as far as to say it should be rated at 15A.

That sums up Aspire as a company for me. Unfortunately there are many people that will jump on a battery purely because it says 40A such as the AWT which have been shown to be rewrapped 25r's (maybe that is the 30A?).

Kangertech has just released a battery too although they have disclosed on the box that the battery is manufactured by LG and state proper amp ratings.

The LG HB6 seems to be the best high amp battery on the market at the moment but then it is only 1500mAh.

10. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

LiPoooooooo.. (just accept it ^^)

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. Rick O-Shea

I have no issues with lipos but I don't need lipos, I have plenty of batteries that are safe and capable of handling how I vape.

If lipos become popular the same thing will happen regarding bullshit rewraps.

The regulation of batteries is needed more that the regulation of vaping.

Dieter., Pipcon and Siam Diesel like this.
  12. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

I like the mod. It's a beaty. I got a little disapointed, since I Thought that the promotion was about get a free Macbook, when ordering one, but no only some percentage off for the 50 lucky ones. That it does not come with TC is also a real disappointment, so it leave me with a nice charging bay, that I guess you have to buy extra. Only good thing is that it has removable batteries again, maybe hopefully we see that more often now. Do I want one ?...............No !

Rick O-Shea and Siam Diesel like this.