1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Are locally made and sold e-juices safe?

Discussion in 'General Thailand E-Liquid Discussion' started by Nowhereman, Jun 23, 2017.

1. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

I steer clear of a lot of the Malaysian juices as well, due to the over-use of sweeteners. Anything that trashes my coils in a day is over-sweetened. Two that come to mind are Anna & Jane and Double X. The sweeteners would actually turn my post screws red. Scary stuff.

As for Thailand-made juices, there is one I trust and one that, so far, is looking good. I steer clear of everything else.

SooKee, jpr, Konvict and 3 others like this.
  2. kevin bangkok

kevin bangkok Well-Known Member

What do you guy"s use as Sweeteners,??

3. jorakae

jorakae Well-Known Member

For myself personally in rank of order:

1. No sweeteners at all.
    2. Stevia/CAP Super Sweet
    3. Sucralose
    4. Ethyl Maltol

4. Nowhereman

Nowhereman Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I just found some Stevia powder and saw a recipe to make a quick extract just by pouring hot water on Stevia powder and filter it instantly trough coffee filter. Didn't try it yet but I might in the coming days. How did you get your Stevia, cose I don't know what CAP stands for ;) 'ignorance is a blessing and the stairway to knowledge' I say ;)

kevin bangkok likes this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

CAP Super Sweet is Capella's concentrated liquid sucralose sweetener. :)

Konvict and Nowhereman like this.
  6. Nowhereman

Thanks. I assume you are familiar with dosage. Could you reveal your preference using C.S.S.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Sorry, mate...I know what it is but I don't DIY. One of the other members will have to chime in on this. ;)

Konvict, Nowhereman and debatedude like this.
  8. Nowhereman

Thanks. Hope there is someone willing to share on this experience.

9. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I think it's 2-3 drops per 10ml, but don't quote me on that. Personally, I don't bother with sweetener either.

Nowhereman and Siam Diesel like this.
  10. jorakae

This would be more of a dilution than an extract. The extract is the actual powder and you are diluting it in water. Hopefully it is pure raw stevia and not something in the photos I posted earlier which is an amalgamation of different ingredients and very far from a pure raw product. I purchased mine through Chemipan, but there may be other places to get it.

Stevia is an all natural product and a little weaker than CAP Super Sweet or sucralose so it can often be easier to hit the sweet spot when it comes to sweetening a juice. If not used carefully, it is very easy to over sweeten your juice with sucralose or super sweet.

moonoy93, jpr, kevin bangkok and 2 others like this.
  11. Nowhereman

I’ve got Stevia that is in the form of green powder (dried leaves, grind powder- no additives) because the white powder has.

Extract is a good term I guess, because ingredient is extracted from the plant to a base, such as PG, VG, alcohol, water etc. Maybe I’m in a wrong (not a chemist). Anyway, I will give it a try in the near future, but need more info on it. I just want to have sweetener on hand because my fruit juices need a tiny bit of sweetness. I’ll let you know if there’s any progress ;)

12. jorakae

I see. I misunderstood what you started with. You are using stevia leaves and using water to extract the steviol glycosides from the leaves. If you then boiled away the water what you should be left with is stevia powder in its raw form (the white powder stuff). This could then be diluted in PG and used as an additive in juice. Keep in mind, you may still have some other organic material mixed in with your intended extract.

If you are buying pure stevia extract, it should be a white powder and will have already gone through the above process to remove any other organic material. This is the most raw form you can buy - and quite expensive comparatively to other sweeteners. However, if you are buying off the shelf from the supermarket you only need to look at the listed ingredients to see how far from pure it is.

I'm not sure of the quality/purity of your extract, but for my use I'm around 1 drop per 10ml. Some people go 0.5%. Some people enjoy much higher. It is all up to your personal preference.

Siam Diesel and Nowhereman like this.
  13. Nowhereman

Thanks again for valuable info. You are right, Stevia (white powder)is quite expensive in Chemipan 5grams-250THB. I guess you could tell me, if you have diluted (white powder Stevia) in PG or VG, what is the process that you use. Sorry if there is misunderstanding again :)

14. jorakae

If I'm in a hurry and need to use it ASAP, I'll take a rolling pin to the bag it comes in to make sure the powder is uniform in size and shape. If it is clumped it takes longer to dissolve. I do a 10% dilution, 1 gram of stevia to 9 grams of PG. I may warm the PG slightly if it takes longer than I'd like to dissolve.

I usually only mix 10-15ml at a time, using it very rarely this lasts me a long time. Stevia can and will go bad and must be refrigerated. Don't make more than you think you will need in the next 2-3 months.

If you have time to spare, just mix up 1 gram stevia to 9 grams PG, give it a good shake and keep shaking until dissolved.

15. Nowhereman

Thank you so much for sharing this valuable info.

jpr likes this.