1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Aqua no leak refill

Discussion in 'Vaping Maintenance' started by byoung, Sep 24, 2014.

1. byoung
    Cloud_9

byoung Thread Starter Upcountry Vaper

I had gotten some advice from a member here on how to refill the Aqua without it leaking. His method was a huge improvement over mine. Then a few days ago I was watching one of the videos V posted to the new YouTube forum and a guy offered a different method that has proven to work much better. In fact, I don't get any leaking at all now.

Fill the tank with the airflow control closed.
    Screw the top cap on completely, with the tank vertical.
    Turn the dank upside down and open the airflow control.
    Insert the drip tip while the tank is upside down and airflow control open.

No leaks!

The tank always leaks a little at the top cap when removing the top cap for refill. I suspect that's a pressure related thing. It will also leak out of the airflow control if not in use and airflow is open and there are significant temperature changes. Again, a pressure related thing. For this reason, I always close off the airflow if I'm not using the tank for an extended period of time.

He also talked about how to do a single coil build that does not require plugging the unused air hole and juice canals. Mount the coil between the posts and run wicks to all 4 juice canals. I plan to try this on my next rebuild. I find it interesting, because done this way the coil does not sit over an air hole. But with double air holes feeding the coil it may not be an issue.

2. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

post the link to the video please if you still have it,
    pictures (even moving ones) are easier to digest

3. byoung
    Cloud_9

4. byoung
    Cloud_9

I finally got around to doing the single coil build was talked about in the above mentioned video. The guy said to mount the coil between the post and run wicks to all 4 juice channels. One of my concerns with this was the coil does not sit directly over either air hole. I was also skeptical that a coil would fit between the posts. The coil did fit, with absolutely no room to spare.

Unfortunately the vape was awful! Almost zero vape cloud and no flavor to speak of. I can only conclude this is because the coil was not positioned directly over an air hole. It also leaked a lot.

So I'm back to vaping it with one side plugged off, which works wonderfully.