1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Any good Maintenance tips for Thailand E Vapers?

Discussion in 'Vaping Maintenance' started by Purple Vaper, Sep 28, 2012.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

I'd say spot on with that one..

2. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Spot on that it may cause a false ohm reading or that I may be wrong? Or maybe both?:chinrub:

3. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

that one

4. skeeters
    Lurking

skeeters E juice monster

actually, vaseline must be alright for conductivity, because a lot of people use it on car battery terminals to make a better contact and stop corrosion, just my thought's on the subject

5. Johnyhotrocks

Johnyhotrocks Member

Yes, don't apply directly on 510 adapter but I really helps when used on other tank parts with reference to not threading threads.

6. Johnyhotrocks

Johnyhotrocks Member

Top Tip....check coils and wicking every 3 days....if coils looking gunky, take out wick, do a dry burn and flush coils with water under a tap. Heat coils and repeat. Insert fresh cotton. With my tron and Griffin tankbi always apply a little Vaseline on threaded parts but not the 510. This will s not necessary with drip tanks... But with all tank, check and refresh coils/ wicking every 3-4 days....that way best vaping performance guaranteed....take care of vape machine and it'll take care of u.... : )
    **Updated**
    Always make batts flat in mod when vaping, then replace with fully charged batts and a n turn, recharge original flat batts. Not a good idea to charge batts via USB port on mod or even charge batts this way and vape....USB connection will eventually render useless. If using DIY juice and after steeping period, store Juice in refidgerator. I always rotate my bottles....I.e, bottlesbi keep with me during the day and rotate them with bottles I keep in fridge....sounds tme consuming but it will isn't and with these daily methods my vaping experience remains a constant wow wow factor and keeps me from returning to stinky horrible fags....

7. hotdogs1

hotdogs1 Well-Known Member

Save your lids. Water bottle,Coke bottle etc p. Drill a hole in them and they make a good 510 atomiser stand.

The small cans of Gillette shaving foam lids are a good size to put vodka or alcohol in and drop your parts in.

Someone else here recommended medical alcohol. Good tip, even at the pharmacy half a litre 70% alcohol about 60฿ Cheaper than vodka.

Empty juice bottles are handy to put alcohol in. Easy to squirt through air channels or apply small amounts to paper towels.

Tape your 1.5mm and 3/64 Allen keys together less likely to lose and easier to find in your little tool kit.
    image.jpeg

jpr and moonoy93 like this.
  8. Johnyhotrocks

Johnyhotrocks Member

Thx hotdogs....nice tips I can utilise ; )

9. hotdogs1

hotdogs1 Well-Known Member

No problem.

If you don't have or couldn't find a hook and pick set for orings, have a look in the ladies hair section of Family Mart. Far right is as bought. Next is bent into a hook
    Gold one is from friendship supermarket, cut in half and slightly bent at the tip. Blue handle is also from friendshipbut upstairs.

A bit of foam on the tips is a good idea. The hook I've used the least but had the most pricks from. image.jpeg

10. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

i just think the same, hesitant about vaseline.
    in the joints in the tank, maybe only a very little bit of e liquid
    For problematic connector (as vamo) a new joint diy (even a piece of an inner tube of a bike...not joking) ,
    A cheap bag of joints in a 20 baht shop (often don't work), best is a real bag of replacement joints for atomizer from a Chinese shop in line ( still legal)
    for cleaning your mod meca, "cooper grease" (some don't like) or "lao kao" :beer:/medical alcool.