1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

American traveling to Thailand.

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by Steven Johnson, May 13, 2017.

1. Steven Johnson

Steven Johnson Thread Starter New Member

Hi all,

So, I'm traveling to Thailand at the end of next month (June), and am wondering what the current legal situation is with vaping in Thailand. I'm flying into Hong Kong, then to Bangkok, and then to Phuket. I'd just be bringing my mod, tank, 4 batteries, and probably 60-90 ml of juice, which I'd carry-on other than the juice, which I'd check. Not so much concerned with the where I can vape, as much as whether or not I'm going to get pinched at the airport and fined/jailed. Just want to know the current laws to determine whether or not it's worth bringing it, or if stoge's are going to have to do for the two weeks I'm there. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

I entered Thailand late last month coming out of Japan. I had 18 batteries, two mech mods, two drippers, and one two-bay charger in my carry-on. No problems.

jpr, Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

:welcome:

This matter has been covered extensively on here and is the subject of several ongoing threads...the short version is that the import & sale of vape gear & juice (even for personal use) has been illegal in Thailand since the end of 2014. Nonetheless, you probably won't have too much trouble getting your gear in here...but you should be very discrete while vaping in public. ;)

It's all covered in the threads listed below.

Thailand Vapers FAQ's - READ THIS FIRST (There are NO B&M Vape Shops) | Thailand Vapers

**UPDATED** - Public Vaping Is NOT Legal (Fined for Possessing Vape Gear) | Thailand Vapers

Proposed Thai Laws | Thailand Vapers

debatedude, Konvict and Bantorvaper like this.