1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Amazing, Continued...

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by ckapp, Jan 13, 2016.

1. ckapp
    Amused

ckapp Thread Starter Smile!

So, in looking for a smallish mod as the IPV D2 is not really all that great, I went to Vapor Empire in Berjaya Times Square (6th floor) to have a peek at the new Hcigar VT25. The guy behind the counter was kind of an idiot, but nice enough.

The unit is super sexy and small. Single LiPo, USB cable, yada, yada... When I asked the sales smart-ass how long the thing would vape for, his reply was that it would not be an all-day mod, just something small to use for a couple of hours. Ok. The Ml's are a bit heavy and if I'm going for a long walk which I do frequently in KL, it sounded ideal.

So, I charged it fully last night and am still vaping on it and the battery indicator is still reading more than 2/3. In fact it's just barely below full. Build? Single 26g Ti @ 2.5mm, 7 wraps on my RDTA/V with the juice holes bored out to 2.5mm. I woke up at around 10:30 this morning and have been vaping on it all day and now as I write this. Even with the 6Ml RDTA/V, it feels capriciously light, well balanced and at 18w/450°/0.24Ω, vapes like a dream. Cost? MR230 - $52.40USD.

MR899 a piece for the SX Mini ML's? I feel like a fool. After all the BS from Amanda at YiHi, the trips to Legadgets and all the help from the entirely remarkable Jeremy who ultimately fixed the ML's with firmware updates and settings 'cheats', the VT25 makes the ML look stupid, unnecessarily heavy and overpriced, while Amanda @ YiHi got the final Clint version of where to go and what to do once she gets there.

The older version VT40 worked great right out of the box. The VT200 also worked great right out of the box and the new VT25 continues in this tradition of fine craftsmanship and ease of use. Might just dump the ML's and pick up another VT25 and another VT200.

This page on the Escribe software blows YiHi into the weeds with their SXi-Q tutorial and instructions.
    EScribe Training Simulator v9.5

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    Scratchy likes this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Mine works great and I love the form factor...what don't you like about it and did you consider the D3?

3. ckapp
    Amused

Hey SD, admittedly, it was pretty good and the battery life was in the ok range, but when you play with a VT25, you'll immediately know why I switched. They're about the same price and yes, I admit to having a bit of an attitude towards YiHi at the moment. The M worked perfectly. With the release of the ML, they jumped the gun. The firmware had flaws and customer service was full of "we so sorry's" but no solutions. Even firmware version 2 has problems.

Evolve's boards have never - ever given me fits like the ML and I've had the VT40 and the VT200, so consider me biased at this point ;-( I'm into day #2 on a single charge with the VT25 and if the battery indicator is really accurate, I'll probably see a full two days on it, given my present build. Yes. The IPV D2 works, fits the hand nicely, certainly v3 is lovely also, but the VT25 is a jewel. And with its internal LiPo? One less mod with less 18650's to maintain. Likin' that immensely...

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  4. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

I'm really happy with both my IPVD2 and IPVD3. The fact that I went ahead with purchase of the D3 is a good indicator. By coincidence, I have both with me at work today. Great form factor, plenty of power and very good with TC. It's not an Evolve but not all that far off the mark and closer than several other TC capable mods out there. Oh and it looks like they improved the black finish on the D3. Not a scratch yet but with my luck I'll probably notice one today!

Siam Diesel and ckapp like this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Can't travel with it to non-vape friendly countries...that alone, would put the kibosh on it for me.

ckapp likes this.
  6. ckapp
    Amused

Can't you just put it and all your building goodies/juices in your checked luggage without being hassled? That's what I do and have yet to have a problem.

7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Nope...not with an integral Li-Ion/LiPo battery pack. It has to be placed in your carry-on luggage. Airlines are looking for these now & can see them when they scan your luggage. FWIW, on my last trip to SG, SingAir specifically asked me when I checked in at Swampy whether I had a power bank in my checked luggage! They showed me a card indicating that any Li-Ion powered devices had to be placed in my carry-on luggage. Wouldn't chance it even though LiPo isn't Li-Ion. Had an expensive (empty) butane lighter taken out of my checked luggage once when traveling in the US...never again!

ckapp likes this.
  8. ckapp
    Amused

Oh... that's a good thing to know. Thanks for that! So far, Air Asia just asks that I remove the battery when I bring a mod in my carry-on. Air Molindo won't allow mods in carry-on at all. Gotta be checked, no exceptions.

9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Even with batteries...or do you have to remove them? The recent guidance from the ICAO says that all mods with Li-Ion batteries have to be carried on...you can't check them.
    Worldwide Ban of Vapor Devices in Checked Baggage | Thailand Vapers

Konvict likes this.
  10. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator