1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Altus coiless atomizer tank

Discussion in 'Youtube Vaping Videos' started by -V-, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Phaitoon

Phaitoon Well-Known Member

PBusardo shares some more technical information on his website: THE ALTUS TANK
    Interesting: “In the middle of the high thermos conductive ceramic is a tungsten trace.”

There’s also another video from David Guo:

Siam Diesel likes this.
  2. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

They all vape it in Nickel or on Power Mode.

I watched all reviews I could find at this time, and they all rate it bad - except one. Only one who set it on tungsten in TCR, and see what he says, start around 1:50:

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

I'm guessing if you are willing to spend $120 US for the tank then you are willing to purchase a new mod that will let you set the TCR. Unless you already have a DNA200 device or a way to change the TCR it doesn't seem like a tank that would be of any benefit to you. Also, bottom filling on a new "innovative tank"? Time will tell what the true verdict is but I am remaining skeptical at this time. $120 buys a lot of wire.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. peter-k
    Fine

When I see how much money many throw on the always latest shxxx, and then all the mods and tanks that hardly in use sitting on shelves and collecting dust. I personally am not of that school. I have 2 eVic Mini (one of them won), they can set TCR. Excellent with SS by the way.

I may get a Cuboid to have the wattage, and try getting that thing onto the forbidden paradise. Or I wait, until they have the Altus with top fill, which seems is the logical thing to do.

Phaitoon likes this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Good review by Mike Vapes...but not exactly a glowing recommendation to run right out and buy it. For me, the need for high wattage & adjustable TCR, only 3 ml capacity, bottom filling and no spare glass tank (and none available on originvape.com) means a pass at the moment. YMMV
    :vaping: :vaping:

6. Phaitoon

Phaitoon Well-Known Member

The tank is not the interesting part but the CVU.
    If it gets popular, Chinese manufactures might come out with their own tanks pretty soon.
    Guo should sell the CVU separately…

The Rev, peter-k and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. peter-k
    Fine

I would strongly suggest David to consider making conversion units for existing tanks, or allowing reputable companies to license. The technology is good but if they keep it propietary it will be dead in less than a year.

jon likes this.
  8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

9. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

I was thinking in the same way as you, waiting for the Cuboid, until I yesterday on one of the Danish vaper sites on facebook saw a guy\s badly burned hand the whole palm and wrist was badly burned. The Guy is a expirienced vaper, so before I know, what happened, I just put this on hold. .. And I also think I waite, and let this technology ripe first. It might get cheaper and better later. It looks very interesting.

Siam Diesel and peter-k like this.
  10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

@Dieter. - any early indications as to what happened to him?

11. peter-k
    Fine

So will I. Thanks for the info meanwhile.

12. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

The hand is badly burned, but he is now ok. He commented on facebook, that he removed all pictures since he don't like to get the media involved, specially not in this time, and the shop he bought it from has sent the mod to the Danish importer. He bought the mod and 2 sony VTC4 batteries on friday in a Danish vaping shop. He is now waiting for the findings of importer or Joyetech, before he will update. But despite the burned hand he seems ok for now.

Neilly and Siam Diesel like this.
  13. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

If you hear anymore pls post up @Dieter. ...I have one on the way and don't want to wear welders gloves every-time I pick it up

Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. peter-k
    Fine

I don't know anything but it reminded me I actually did not want to go into that 200 W territory.

15. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

It looks interesting, but luckily I have no interest in being a test bed for the latest and greatest(Vista, Windows 8 anyone)? If it works, if production is ramped up and consequently the price halved, I might look at it in a few months, when V4 has had the kinks ironed out.