1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

A quick question about batteries

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by tommyr23, Nov 8, 2017.

1. tommyr23

tommyr23 Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hey all,

Why does my 3 year old, heavily used iStick 30W last a lot longer than using a mod with a single replaceable LG HE4 18650 battery. Only going up to around 10W to fire up my Kayfun and Nautilus, but with the iStick I can get about two days out of it before recharging however with a single LG HE4 I get a day max.

The HE4's are about 1.5 years old, but never got used heavily.

Is it just a case of old batteries and needing to replace them - if so, tips on longer lasting batteries would be greatly appreciated.

The batteries also take ages to recharge via the Nitecore 4.... seems quicker going via the USB cable.

Cheers in advance.

2. Jazz2017

Jazz2017 Well-Known Member

Not much help I can give but Do you know what size of battery is in the istick? I guess the HE4’s could just be old. Is it possible they are fakes? Or did you get them from a reputable dealer? The problem with batteries is that you don’t know how long they have been sitting on the shelf before you bought them and batteries do deteriorate even when not in use. As for charging again it depends on the battery size but generally in Thailand using a Nitecore 4 two batteries charging at around 750 mAh should take around 3 hours to charge. Give or take depending on the mAh of the battery. That’s my experience anyway. Also certain devices seem to drain power much faster from batteries. What device are you using? And have you tried the battery in another device to compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

debatedude, Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  3. Donkey
    Amused

Donkey Well-Known Member

Take care not to drop your batts vape at reasonable wattage and they will last long time. These folks who push batts to 90+watts are strange breed. I dont get it anything above 20watts taste like shit and its too hot a vape for me.

4. Jazz2017

Jazz2017 Well-Known Member

That’s a matter of opinion. It all depends on pg/vg ratio, Nic strength, Coil resistance, mod type, and whether it is a mouth to lung or direct lung atty. everyone vapes differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpr likes this.