1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

A Beginners Guide To Mixing

Discussion in 'Thailand DIY Juice Making' started by -V-, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Sounds like a group buy to me. The only problem would be customs.

2. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

Well flavorings should not be confiscated by customs, there is no way to tell that you will use them for juices, these are also used in cooking.

Looking at Capella website now and it seems they offer only Fedex shipping to Thailand and it is quite expensive....

3. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Flavorings are considered a food item and are subject to some strict rules. Labeling in Thai, etc. While some small amounts may get through, a larger order could be a serious issue with customs. IMHO.

4. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

Ordered 500g of Stevia from US (which is food) and had no problems with customs, not even import tax.

5. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

As with all laws here, you never know what day they are enforcing what or if customs even knows what they are dealing with. Without saying too much, I can say that there have been instances of large scale confiscations of "food items". At the end of the day TIT.

6. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

It is always a gamble to order from abroad, especially if it is vape related.

Seems Hiliq has a wide selection of flavorings too and they seem to have a good success rate in sending products here.

Maybe will try with them.

7. jorakae

jorakae Well-Known Member

So far I've ordered up to 1kg of flavorings ($80) in a single order and the most I've had to pay is a 7 baht tax. Another poster here in an older thread said they ordered up to $180 and had no problems. As usual, history is not always an accurate prediction of the future.

8. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

If anyone wants to do a group buy to share the shipping costs, I would be interested. Just send me a PM.

9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Only if they're labeled as "food flavorings", which brings the TH FDA into play. Otherwise, "flavorings" seem to be acceptable for import without the dual language labeling, ingredient breakdown, etc. ;)

But it probably depends on the mood of the BiB when it enters the country. :)

Konvict likes this.
  10. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification. I'm sure the law is just vague enough for them to enforce it if and when they want. They have done it in the past but I don't know the whole story.

11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Somewhere on here, Darth posted about his run-in with the powers that be about this very thing. It didn't have a happy ending because the description included "food". ;)

Konvict likes this.
  12. Nowhereman

Nowhereman Well-Known Member

Thanks for the initial post and a great tutorial. I read it trough and installed the eJuice Me Up program as well. Actually I am all rigged to make my firs juice but I am still short of one essential thing. If anyone would be king enough to give me a direction, please PM me I would really appreciate it. I hope this post didn’t infringe on forum rules and if it did I do apologize.

13. Andy Berksd

Andy Berksd Member

Fantastic post I will be getting set up on my return seems like a great way to spend some quality time with my gear

My only problem is steeping I Sam home for 1 month at a time so I will be looking to speed that up without losing quality and maybe mixing at work and let it steep while I am home once I have a tried and tested recipie