1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

510 connector for box

Discussion in 'Modifications and DIY' started by dl12345, Feb 12, 2016.

1. dl12345

dl12345 Thread Starter Well-Known Member

My two week old RX200 has stripped it's 510 connector thread on the first three threads. Anyone know if I can source a new connector locally? Soldering it to the board is no problem since I have a BGA rework station

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  2. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

Now that I don't know ... Do you have another mod that you could sacrifice the 510 connector ... Others than that FT, GB, eBay, you know the usual suspects ...

dl12345 likes this.
  3. dl12345

Thanks, I was just trying a shot in the dark. The cost of shipping in a single 510 connector comes to about half the cost of the mod, so it's almost worthwhile just buying a new mod (or a cheaper one just for the 510 connector).

Rant warning: I'm getting a little teed off with the poor quality of vaping equipment. I've got attys with wandering resistance (like my Kayfun clone, probably due to the spring), batteries where the switch just gave up after two weeks (eGo One), brand new Subox that stopped functioning after one day, Subtank minis with wandering resistance (requiring cleaning of the base almost daily), Evic VTC mini and Reuleaux RX200 with shoddy firmware. The list goes one..... It seems nothing lasts past about two or three weeks, even thought treated with kid gloves and cleaned regularly.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  4. Scuba Vaper

Someone who has a bag of 510 connectors may spot your post, fingers crossed ...

as for shoddy shit, that's life amigo, we've all been there ...

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Don't know if it will do any good but you could always talk to the vendor or contact Wismec directly. Wismec has a 90 day warranty on the device. It may not be any better than the paper it is printed on, but it wouldn't hurt to try. I've got a sneaky suspicion they may try to claim user damage. If there were some bad 510s that went out, I'm sure it has affected more than just you. I would let them know so if it turns out to be a known QC issue they will be easier to deal with about the issue.

Siam Diesel and Scuba Vaper like this.
  6. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

I used to know a guy that made his own box mod with everything sourced in Thailand. Unfortunately he has dropprd out of site now and I haven't seen him around for months now. Point of the post though is that yes in the past the 5410 connectors ARE available in Thailand if you can get access to the Thai vendor sites. This guy spoke and read very good Thai and this gave him access to all sorts of sites.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  7. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

If this will do the trick let me know and the next time I order something from them I'll include it in my order and then post to you once it arrives

22mm sprung 510 atomiser connector - Creme de Vape

Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  8. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  9. dl12345

This would definitely do the trick - it's a low profile (12.5mm) 510 and the one in the mod is 14.5mm. Thanks, that's a very generous offer
    **Updated**
    An adapter such as this may also do the trick since some of the thread is still usable....good idea as a stop gap solution

10. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

I'm going to order some stuff tomorrow...do you want me to order the 510 for you?

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. Scuba Vaper

For the sake of three emails it might be worth emailing big, tienga and Micky see if they have either 510 itself, or faulty mod they want shot of ... Or as the guys have local knowledge they might have a friend or contact who has one ... I remember at least one Thai FB page where he was selling ICs for homebrew mods, sorry I don't remember the page though ...

12. dl12345

Yes, that would be fabulous thanks. I can reimburse you to your paypal account

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

13. dl12345

I did actually ask if they have any 510s. Nobody does....

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

14. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

Cool...consider it done.

It'll take about 10~12 days to get here. I'll PM you when it does and you can give me your address then

Siam Diesel and dl12345 like this.
  15. Scuba Vaper

jpr likes this.