1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

28+ Days Later... (Youde Goblin)

Discussion in 'Thailand Vapers Reviews By Our Members' started by Rick O-Shea, May 9, 2015.

1. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

That's a moot point -If you can pay the earth then you can buy good education in Thailand-if you are lucky in where you live in UK you can find very good State schools, or you can pay the earth and send your child to a Public School (which unlike the States is actually Private and very exclusive) these are like Eton,Harrow,etc.

David in Bangkok likes this.
  2. Ridwan Hartono
    Relaxed

Ridwan Hartono MTL ♥️

Mostly i agree with u ric :)
    Well done ;)

3. David in Bangkok

David in Bangkok Well-Known Member

Is your current favorite now the Delta 2 rick?

4. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea Thread Starter iStick Fanboy

It has been recently although I am beginning to find it increasingly restrictive.
    I'll attempt a chimney coil next to see if that opens it up a little.

David in Bangkok likes this.
  5. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Excellent Rick, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I still have a cons to find for that RTA. I believe it to be the perfect choice if you come from a dripper. You slightly loose on the flavor side but I would say it is only noticeable if you really know well the juice you are vaping.

As for the wicking method, I have tried two differents :

- Cutting the legs of the wick at the bottom of the deck, meaning the legs do NOT got down the juice channel :
    PROS: Wicks super fast, super efficient
    CONS: Award winner of Leakage Festival 2015

- Having the legs down the juice channel :
    PROS: No leak whatsoever and because those channels are wide, I find it much easier than doing it on my old Russian.
    CONS: Does not wick as fast so I cannot use really high VG juice, otherwise I am getting dry hit quite often.

I chose the second method, leaking (leakage ?) issue are really a PITA.

6. Steve.H
    Lurking

Steve.H Well-Known Member

Excellent reviews n usage review guys. I have just re-wicked my goblin to see whether I could get more flavour using Trevor jones style of wicking.. Also to test out whether it leaks. So far so good.. Flavor n vapor has been awesome. Now lying the goblin sideways to see whether it leaks... Hahaha.. Oh by the way.. Quick update.. The goblin is able to sit flush with my sx-mini after all! The spring loaded 510 after some abusing was able to fit the goblin!

Rick O-Shea and Tibo like this.
  7. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea Thread Starter iStick Fanboy

Never had any leaking at all apart from the fill screw a tiny amount on a few occasions (user error).

Steve.H likes this.
  8. skeeters
    Lurking

skeeters E juice monster

Same with mine. A bit around fill screw. I have 7/8 wraps around 2mm. 0.4 ohm. Good as gold on Japanese cotton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tibo likes this.
  9. jon
    Mellow

jon Well-Known Member

Nice review Rick.
    The Goblins is the atty I usually have dragged around since I got it. The post screws I wish had been a little better to, but no big deal.
    I coil at 0.3ohm dual. And wick a sloppy version of Trevor. Just have a marginal little tail in the juice channels, and it wicks wonderful with 20/80 juice.
    Have wicked it with rayon / japanese cotton and Fiber Freaks. Actually prefer the cotton here.
    The only leak I have had was a few times when I pressed the juice in to fast/hard when refilling. And I usually clean of the screw and dry out the fill hole with a little paper too.
    Never had any spitback and I draw pretty hard straight down to lungs.

But I guess it may behave a little different with higher pg juices.

10. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Just checked mine and it had a very, very small amount of what I am pretty sure is ejuice around the bottom that I assume came from the fill screw area. Assuming because the way the juice spread around a bit and so little of it there was no larger concentration noticeable right at the screw. Since the last fill, it's been on the atty since late yesterday afternoon. eJuice is a Nebbia family type from GLV so maybe 80/20 VG/PG at most. 2.5 mm ID

Also no spit-back despite some healthy-strong draws. Thing vapes great

One thing that bugs me a little is the diameter of the pyrex is a decent amount narrower than the diameter of the top and bottom sections of the atty and also the orings above and below the glass. It seals well but has a slight off-center look to it...the glass relative to the atty "frame".