1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

10 tips to avoid harsh, burnt taste on 510 atomizers

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks For Vaping' started by -V-, Sep 25, 2012.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

These tips may work on other atomizers, as well.

1. Blow out the primer fluid on new attys

2. Two drops of liquid on the new atty, "puff & blow" until the atty takes on the flavor of the liquid

3. Don't drag too long to overheat the juice on the atty

4. Don't use too fast between draws to allow the atty to wick up more juice & cool down

5. Modify the filler (PTB or straw method) to optimize wicking and not have to top off or refill as much

6. Occasionally remove the filler and rinse it out, dry & refill

7. Certain flavors can handle a long, slow draw (tobacco, menthol, coffee, nut flavors) and certain ones taste better with a quick, deep draw (fruity, delicate, sweet flavors.)

8. Occasionally clean them. Methods to research include blowing them out, hot water rinse, boiling them in water with or without baking soda or vinegar, dry burns, coke and/or vodka baths. Research these before trying!!

9. Don't flood the atty or it may overwork it trying to vaporize the excess liquid.

10. Try different liquids & nic levels. Not all liquids are created equal. If you aren't satified with the vapor/throat hit, you may be overusing it and not allowing time for the the atty to wick & cool.

2. Johnyhotrocks

Johnyhotrocks Member

I find building a "sleeper coil" also helps as both coils heat up simultaneously.

3. Hakiim Raouf

Hakiim Raouf Well-Known Member

Hi all,

For me, I always make sure I gap my coil wraps so that flavors can breathe thru. :cheers2:

4. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

I tried spaced coils the other week, but went back to touching micro coils as they work better for me

Hakiim Raouf likes this.
  5. Johnyhotrocks

Johnyhotrocks Member

It's a fine balance...using spaced coils in my Griffin and working well with twisted 28g....

Hakiim Raouf likes this.
  6. Hakiim Raouf

I'm normally using 26g S/S Aliens Wire 6 wraps and get around 0.5 - 0.6 Ohms resistance.
    I also use TC at 200-220 F or if too lazy I'll use 18 - 22 Wattage.

7. Johnyhotrocks

Johnyhotrocks Member

A good coil set up. Been using Griffin for about a month now and finding 28g twisted coils very good. Better than Claptons in my opinion. Using great quality juice from vapor mist. Gonna try 24g macro wire sleeper build this weekend and compare with current 28g twisted coils.....all good fun : )

sethrune.sr and Hakiim Raouf like this.
  8. Hakiim Raouf

Yup Johnyhotrocks ... me too love playing with wire in getting the best flavors. Like you also, I never like Clapton as think it heat up too
    slow and taking longer time to cool down. But that just me and my personal preference. :peace:

9. Johnyhotrocks

Johnyhotrocks Member

For me Claptons r slow and burn juice and I find twisted wire returns lovely flavour with good clouds. Really enjoying playing around with coil builds, when my next order arrives I will build a "flat bastard" wire...28g twisted khantol with 0.5 ribbon wire wrapped around twisted. Been told this wire combo gives great flavour and excellent clouds.... Oh yeah!!

Hakiim Raouf likes this.
  10. Hakiim Raouf

Wow bro ... :bravo: awesome

11. Johnyhotrocks

Johnyhotrocks Member

Lol.... Hope it turns out good but a bit fiddly to make....thx anyway

12. xqzme

xqzme New Member

Thanks dude!