1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

10 Things you might not Know about Nicotine

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by -V-, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Denver
    Asleep

Denver Member

Just happy to be off the nicotine and hopefully stay off it!

Never heard of it being given (prescribed) to treat anything and happy not to be under its 'control' i.e. reaching for a ciggy or e cig on getting out of the car, after meals, getting as much of it into my system before a long flight then asking the taxi to hang on at the other end until I've had my fix of at least 3 nicotine 'hits' or setting off to the all night garage at 3 in the morning in the snow to feed my addiction.

Plus my cinnamon strawberry cheesecake coffee mocha wotsit tastes better than that stinky manmade lab chemical on the tongue! Just hope the local dentist can give me a goodish quote on bringing my teeth back to half white after 40 years of 2-3 packs a day.

ckapp likes this.
  2. Frayedmind
    Happy

Frayedmind Well-Known Member

Just received a lot of 0 nic e'juices from Vapor kings to review, will be reviewing them in a few days. The 0 nicotine scene is something I am looking forward into delving into, and so far my pre tasting has been really fun.

Since I have been using wide amount of flavours (14+), the 0 nic e-juice has baffled me. Have been sticking to the 0's first and not getting cravings for nicotine at all, a knowing placebo effect? One wonders if it's the rituals of changing coils, flavours etc that have bridged that feeling. I have not yet had a nicotine based juice. Although I will also be reviewing these at some point.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

You're a better man than me-- I have never used any 0 Nic juice, and almost see no purpose for it- maybe I should give it a chance?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

**Updated**

It's rather like 0 alcohol beer, or is it?? Maybe that's not a good analogy.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. ckapp
    Amused

ckapp Smile!

Be sure to post a link to the dentist if he/she/it succeeds. I'm sure that there's more than a few of us in need of similar :)
    **Updated**
    Frayedmind: I'd have to say I think the nicotine is an overly-hyped meme. People, most often, prefer to assign blame and release themselves from the responsibility of looking at the intensity of their conditioning (if they are even aware of what that means and/or its implications). The psycho-somatic reflex arcs which are the most habituated and/or structuralized automatically precipitate "legitimacy and reasons" out of defense for their justifiable perpetuation.

Just get a pen, write "18mg" on your juice bottles and re-map your thinking.

Granted: Long term practice of 'better living through chemicals' has known and defined withdrawal effects; some requiring medical supervision. Such is not the case with nicotine, which does have a history of being prescribed, but not in the form of cigarette smoking.

Since dropping the shitty pen-puffing vaporizers with juices at 18-24mg of nic, I'm using 6mg exclusively and will get Zero mg in the next batch of liquid vaping yum. Freud would invariably consider any of this to be an oral fixation and an innate desire to return to mother's breast. Call it what you will, but I'm in love with the stuff too and it's nice to be in the company of similar ilk.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. haybilly
    Paranoid

Not quite sure what you are trying to say--that Nicotine has no discernible effect, and what we 'think' that we feel is purely Placebo?? Surely not?

This cannot be what you are saying, and I must be missing your point.

6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Perhaps (as recent research has noted), the pernicious addiction attributed to nicotine isn't as strong as first thought...more akin to caffeine (which I can live without). I find that I want my flavors more than anything else...could probably live without the nicotine but not my Digby's Apple & Cinnamon. :D

ckapp and haybilly like this.
  7. ckapp
    Amused

ckapp Smile!

No Haybilly, I am not discounting the likelihood of becoming acclimatized to nicotine. As a chemical agent, it becomes an accepted and structuralized additive to the physiology of a human being. Once embedded as deeply as it is after years and/or decades of smoking, taking it away will inevitably bring about some discomfort. However, I am saying that there's much more to it than the nicotine itself. Example: On a long international flight where you absolutely cannot smoke and your brain "knows it" do you not find that after a little while, the no-nico-angst diminishes, like even slightly?

I don't know about you (and everyone responds differently) but I just forget about it and read a book or fall asleep, or both. That "OMG, I can't wait to go outside and have a fag" to me, is more psychologically (or psycho-somatically) driven than the dire need for a smoke istelf. In fact, I actually don't feel that great if I do smoke after not smoking for several hours! I get dizzy and feel slightly nauseous after the first few puffs and wonder why it seemed so pressing in the first place.

Habituation is a very deep and complex topic and I seriously doubt that anyone here wishes for me to write a novel on the subject, given my years of experience and practice as a holistic therapist. We vape to get off tobacco, we vape for the taste, we vape because it satisfies the craving for the ingestion of something that gives us a sense and feeling of fulfillment. Then there's the hobby part of it for us builders. It's fun! Tools, drills, building stands, cool chargers, batteries, and the feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment when the ******* thing comes in at the targeted resistance, vapes like a madman and doesn't leak.

Again, I return to the subject of the blind taste test. Try it sometime with a fellow vaper. 0mg, 3mg, 6mg. See if you can tell the difference blindfolded. Alleged oenophiles who swear they know their wines are shocked to find that they don't know their asses from holes in the ground when the bottles are not labeled, but merely numbered and they can't even tell a red from a white.

Nicotine is probably about max 30% of the entire picture; tops IMHO. Look at the lager picture... it's just an invitation to seek within and find truth, that's all...
    **Updated**
    Yeah! See? Take my Captain America or my Creamy Suckerz VeryBerry Flan away and we're gonna have some contention and issues... I'm in it for the same reasons as everyone else and I would not even try to tell someone else to do other than what they want to do.

An Individual's Expression of One's Freedom To Be is the only way...

farangmick, Siam Diesel and Emmess like this.
  8. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

Could not live without nicotine... BUT, despite the probability to get ride of nicotine is very low for me, if it could be achieved, then I could easily live without e-cig !
    In other words, I can't understand the use of 0% nicotine juices

Siam Diesel and ckapp like this.
  9. ckapp
    Amused

ckapp Smile!

But, that is the beauty of freedom of choice, the development of individuality and the processes of individuation. Just be "who you are" and do that... I love to puff, I never wanted to quit puffing and although that used to mean smoking cigs.

I'm happy with my mod in my hand, the flavor choices I have and the sensations of vaping. Like eating good foods without gaining weight... pleasing, fulfilling and none of the harmful effects of carbon monoxide, tar and all those nasty carcinogenic chemicals Big Tobacco adds to their products.

I'm gonna go for 0mg juice on the next order and see how important it is to me after using 6mg exclusively for months now. Even still, there's no evidence of nicotine, as a stand-alone drug, as being as highly toxic as say, carbon monoxide.

Enjoy what thou will... Axel.

farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.
  10. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

The NHS has just published a lengthy report concluding that vaping is 95% safer than smoking. Every vaping website and forum should get hold of a copy and publish the bullet points. Some US vendors already seem to be doing so, especially in states threatened by bans on vaping, or punitive taxation.
    Of course the NHS has to go over the top and offer low end e-cigalikes on prescription, i.e. free to half the population. Anyone who can pay 8 quid (400 baht) for 20 cigs can afford to buy the vaping gear. Rant over now, this is not the other TV. The report might be a game changer, but probably not in LoS.

ckapp and Siam Diesel like this.
  11. haybilly
    Paranoid

Yes, I think this should be seen as relatively good news, despite the fact that someone, namely Joe Public Tax Payer, will have to pay for these 'Entry Level' Vape devices- it would be possibly better if they were to offer something at least as effective as the Kanger Evods, because I know that these do actually get people of cigarettes.

farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.
  12. ckapp
    Amused

ckapp Smile!

Would you happen to have a link to the report that you are referencing for our benefit?

13. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

I'll try to find it. Only seen articles in the UK press. If I do, I'll get my elder son (7 years old) to show me how to post a link!)

ckapp likes this.
  14. Jared S
    Spaced

Jared S Well-Known Member

15. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

The report its self is interesting and better than a knock on vaping, however the comments about medical products and the cartridge based ecigs mean they dont understand the product. I dont think the ecigs there talking about work, they didnt for me. Lets hope the next reports actually report on devices that work and make them available without prescription.

RemGirl and farangmick like this.