1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

RIP Trippers Electrolytes Advert & Fallout

Discussion in 'E-News' started by v 4 vendetta, Feb 13, 2016.

1. v 4 vendetta
    No Mood

v 4 vendetta Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I am not one for Vape Drama but something hilarious has been going on the last 2 days.

I am not sure if any of you saw the blatant advertising RIP Trippers did for an electrolytes company.

There is nothing wrong with getting paid to do something but the way he did the video that he was attributing all his health problems to vaping and saying nothing worked for him except this particular brand of electrolytes. Honestly he said electrolytes are good but nothing worked for him except this particular brand lol :not good:

It honestly made me cringe and I believe he has finally shot himself in the foot with this one.

The guy knows his stuff but he isn't genuine and is just using his channel purely as a means to make money. As I said nothing wrong with doing that but the fact he constantly denies it and so do his blind followers is irritating but even they have been very quiet since that video went up. :wink:

Anyway after the massive backlash including from all the great reviewers he deleted it but I found a way of salvaging it haha here it is :grin::

Vaping With Twisted 420 did a hilarious parody of it:

Others have been doing the same :D

[​IMG]

Nick "Grimm" Green's take lol:

Instagram

If you want a laugh you can read what people have been posting on his You Tube page since he posted it:

youtube .com/user/RiPTrippers/discussion

I put a space before and after youtube as the forum automatically embeds it as a video when it isn't

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  2. Jared S
    Spaced

Jared S Well-Known Member

Gotta love Twisted 420, never fail to deliver the entertainment :grin:

3. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

I always thought RIP was a little off but he definitely crossed the line with this one. I don't have a problem with him making money in whatever way that may be. What I do have a problem with is the fact that he has given the anti-vapers something to use. The anti-vapers don't pay attention to facts to get their message across and he has just handed them a gift wrapped present. "Popular vaping reviewer reveals the inside truth about the bad side effects of vaping." I don't know how much money he thought this little stunt would make him but he has ended up screwing himself and possibly all of us for whatever that amount may be.

4. v 4 vendetta
    No Mood

v 4 vendetta Thread Starter Well-Known Member

:rolling laugh::rolling laugh::rolling laugh:

**Updated**
    The commentary in this video echoes what you are saying @Lotta

5. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Yep he deleted it and now backtracked with this one

6. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

There is a lot of crap among these unholy alience of Chinese companies and so called reviewers. Rip Trippers and Indoorsmokers are the worst in my books. I don't care for the entertainment value, they are not doing good for the cause of vaping.

v 4 vendetta and Scuba Vaper like this.
  7. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

I read up on possible side effects of vaping when I started vaping. Dehydration, is a possible side effect of vaping. Electrolyte drinks are for the dehydrated. Dehydration can cause health problems.

So, I think RIP (rest in peace ?), may have had an underlying point. However selling out from his follow vapers, was below the belt, and probably has made him a lot of enemies.

Whilst he knows his stuff, I found his videos over the top, too high energy and nothing I really like about him, or could connect with. Contrast with indoorsmokers, who i do enjoy watching his videos, I find him a lot less over the top, and has whatever the something is that I can connect with.

Overall, looks like a publicity stunt, "there's no such thing as bad publicity", or so they say ...

Thanks for sharing the videos, very interesting :)

8. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Watched the whole vid. They talk a lot of sense. I can't actually find their Youtube channel.
    The shit from Rip Tripper really annoyed me. For over 18 months I struggled to walk 100 meters, and I needed to sit for a few minutes because the pain in my feet was so intense. A cardio vascular problem. I ignored the doctor's advice, because they always blame everything on smoking. A few months of vaping, and I am 500% better. I could never have stopped stinkies without vaping (and TV), so I hope Rip Tripper has "done a Ratner".

9. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Anyone that says "what the fart" is a cnut in my book.
    Without his annoying personality I don't mind his videos - bit of speil, up close, job done. Opinions other than your own are practically worthless in vaping (as far as attys and juice is concerned anyway).

10. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's a total jerk, but sometimes his videos are interesting, if you can forget who is behind the camera.

v 4 vendetta likes this.
  11. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

Do these guys on YouTube make a lot of money from advertising and product placement?

I guess we all have a price that we would sell out for; but I think this guy had lost a lot of credibility that he had built up over time.

12. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

They get free stuff and money from the clickies, some. For the top reviewers it makes their living.

Richard likes this.
  13. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Just found this on Facebook. Rip Trippers you - Please insert appropriate profanity here

14. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

And let's hear it for the jack-arse pr1ck who posted the video and write-up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.
  15. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

It amazes me how people can dedicate so much time to things they don't like purely because other people like them.

farangmick, Siam Diesel and Scratchy like this.