1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Hijacked and killed by customs

Discussion in 'General Thailand E-Liquid Discussion' started by mamablu, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

I think it will be more frustrating for you if you go there.

Probably a lecture that you cannot import them...and of course the ransom money that you have to pay will be up for discussion...and maybe if you don't want to do that a possible fine ( didn't hear that happen yet, but who knows if they are getting tough with this)...

I actually didn't read on the forum anybody that actually went to try to get their package back from customs for more than a year...which I think is a wise decision...

Siam Diesel likes this.
  2. jorakae

jorakae Well-Known Member

Here is a poor google translation that may actually be more confusing than it is helpful, but the delivery recipient is very clear.

Bringing the number of paid articles
    RP338891702SG
    Time to pay
    Monday, April 11, 2016
    Time 09:00 to 11:59 hrs.
    Name of signatures
    Customs / Equipment Cigarette
    The name of the
    Since fighting. Laksi
    This type of scan
    The recipient has been successfully

I also have a few orders on the way, including a cuboid. :( It probably doesn't matter, but what vendor did you use?

Seeing this has me considering to cancel my orders that haven't shipped yet...

3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I would strongly consider this...something is going on and it's not good. At a minimum, I would stop using SG Post for awhile.

Rick O-Shea and Konvict like this.
  4. Nizzy
    Happy

Nizzy Member

I bought from fast tech and chose Singapore post for shipping. My chest literally hurts after this bad news . I have been waking up and tracking this order everyday for a month . My first order from fasttech which included coiling wires and silicon rings for my tank and a tank stand never arrived either but i can't track it cuz i chose chinapost for that . However my rda had no problem coming , it was infront of my doors in 2 weeks . It is a very sad day for a student vaper like me . :depressed:

5. jorakae

jorakae Well-Known Member

I just checked to see if I could still cancel and it is already too late. All orders are marked as shipped within the last few hours. Anyone ever tried to pull an order or reroute it after its been marked as shipped?

I purchased the additional insurance on all of my orders. I strongly suspect that confiscation is not covered as "lost" but I like to dream. Would anyone like to burst my bubble for me?

6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Nope...but FT Customer Service is pretty good. You can open a ticket and ask them if it's possible to do this.

PS - you'll have to read the fine print on the FT site to see if insurance covers losses to Customs (but don't hold your breath).

Konvict likes this.
  7. hotdogs1

hotdogs1 Well-Known Member

I bet he won't get a receipt for the "tax"

8. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

I just want to let everybody know that I can see that an SG shipment from FT was delivered to my house yesterday.

So there is a sparkle of hope if you have a package on the way to Thailand.

I don't have any shipments going to Thailand at the moment. I cancelled one and rerouted (just before they shipped it) another one.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Strangely enough, ans I was very surprised by this myself, the one time I did go to collect something hit for import tax I DID get a receipt. That was a long time ago of course and it was at the Laem Chabang Port Authority. Once the guy had decided that he was going to hit me hard at 60% got sent off to the payment office. Never bothered again because it was 2 hours of hassle from them + being taxed on the shipment AND shipping value + taxi costs as well as I didn't drive then.

Siam Diesel, Konvict and Rick O-Shea like this.
  10. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I have 4 processing orders on FT all due to ship with SG Post. I asked for them to switch to China Post yesterday and will put them on hold if they're due to ship before the other 4 arrive. If I lose any of the already shipped orders (4), I think I will cancel.

Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  11. BKKPOO

BKKPOO Well-Known Member

My steam crave tank just got confiscated at laksi according to trankntrace website. :(

12. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Sorry to hear that...another FT shipment via SG Post?

Konvict likes this.
  13. BKKPOO

BKKPOO Well-Known Member

Nah this was ordered direct from steam crave sent via HK post

So does anyone know the actual law nowadays? Import for personal consumption is banned ??

14. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Good questions...and subject to more than a little (gray) interpretation. ;)

While the law may make a distinction between import for sale & import for personal use (see threads below), it doesn't appear that Customs is making any such distinction at present.

A couple of threads that shed more light on this murky matter...
    Vaping Import/Export Ban Clarified | Thailand Vapers

Malaysian tourists fleeced by Thai police for Ecig | Thailand Vapers

15. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

My first one seems to have made it!

Studio_20160412_130842.jpg