1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Cool Fiber Freaks Cellulose Fiber

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by -V-, Dec 5, 2014.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Never heard of it, but maybe someone is interested

Screen Shot 2557-12-05 at 6.16.55 PM.png

Produced from wood grown in Eco friendly forests in Europe. It has a low enviromental impact and meets food and health safety standards.

The super absorbent wick is 100% European produced, processed, sterilised and packaged in France in airtight resealable bags.

Fiber Freaks cellulose wick is available in 2 densities:

• Density 1 - Airy. Very similar to cotton and can be torn by hand. This density can be packed more tightly than standard cotton into your RDA.
    • Density 2 - Very dense. This offers the user a new experience in rebuilding. This density will need to be cut using scissors and can also be used in genesis atomisers as well as RDA's.
    Approx size 130mm x 80mm and 100 - 200 pieces depending on how you use it for your wicks.

Fiber Freaks Cellulose Fiber - Tæthed 2

Fiber Freaks Cellulose Fibre - Tæthed 1

2. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Different densities is something but IMO, extremely overpriced rayon with marketing spin added. 500 ft cellucotton from USA Sally's Beauty Supply = approx $12.00 USD. BTW, most important is density in coil which you can easily control with the Sally's or other far less expensive pure rayon products.

3. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Should be really cheap, what with the 95% water reduction and the 80% reduced land mass needed to obtain it.

They must be practically giving it away?

Scratchy likes this.
  4. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

It's bot expensive, it's French. Please buy it. My country is in a deep economic crisis.

You support means everything.

Come on guys, it's good stuff..it's french :)

Sent from the future

Scratchy and Rick O-Shea like this.
  5. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

My little review of this Fiber Freaks wick.

I bought it in Malaysia and chose the Density #1 as it is recommended to use in RDA.

Packaging: I am sensitive to a nice packaging, I am for juices and I am here for this Fiber Freaks. Packaging is really small, like a pack of Skittles. Yep, that small. It can be sealed again after being opened, I like this.

Content: For this #1, the feel of the cellulose is not really soft. Fibers strings are not perfectly aligned (not like Rayon) and it is packed or more like stuffed in the packaging. If you take everything out, you can see rectangle piece of it but not as neat as Japanese cotton would be. It is very solid, very hard to break by tearing it, much like Rayon, if not more.

Wicking: Quite easy, slides smoother than cotton. Very flexible, not stringy at all and not small fibers flying around like Rayon does.

Performance: WOW. Yeah, WOW. I loved rayon. But this, this is better. It seems to absorb the juice slower the first time, when it is dry, but once it is soaked, WOW. The juice floooooows even better than Rayon and you can almost (seriously) dry the wick by vaping it without getting dry burn. I like this as I often switch juice on the same RDA in the same day and I cannot rewick each time. Drying up the wick allows to start almost with a flavorless wick. AWESOME !!

Price: Well, yeah, it is way more expensive. Now, compare to how much I spend on juice, it is not noticeable.

Huge thumb up for Fiber Freaks, it is really an improvement for me and I am not saying that because it is a French product :grin:

20150107_234925.jpg

6. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

500ft group buy? :D

Tibo likes this.
  7. flem
    Relaxed

flem Vaping for 5 years

This is really great stuff. Much better than Japanese cotton. I use the density 2 for my taifun GT2 and the kraken and the density 1 for everything else. I pay $6 for a bag and that is ok. The flavor and wicking is much better than the jap cotton and a bag last for a longgggg time.

Tibo likes this.
  8. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Here is my wick after three days vaping exclusively with this TugBoat V2, high VG juice :
    20150111_123026.jpg

See how I am able to dry this in case I want to change juice ? Pretty amazing if you ask me and I cannot do this with rayon.

LoooOOOooving Fiber Freaks !

Scratchy and flem like this.
  9. Scratchy
    Lurking

Sounds really good, Tibo. Just as an aside and based on my experience I can and sometimes do get my cellucotton rayon dry and have no burning. Transitions between juices very nicely when doing so.

Fiber Freaks is basically the same material (rayon) though based on what you reported it sounds like the quality and the way they format the rayon has some nice pluses over the cellucotton variety.

Just ran my approx two-week old wick in Quicksliver dry to demonstrate no burning:

IMG_2390.jpg

Tibo likes this.
  10. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Yes, the way they sterilize it is what they promote the most, alongside the initial organic quality of the fiber. I think we are using the same Rayon, Scratchy, the one we got from the vape meet, correct ?

I personally love it and use it so many times but I never manage to dry it as much as the FF. It is an important factor for me as I dry the wick before going to sleep otherwise the juice caramelized during the night and I find a nasty brown wick which I am not comfortable vaping on.

Scratchy likes this.
  11. Scratchy
    Lurking

Ah, I hadn't heard about sterilization. Very nice. Yes we do indeed have the same cellucotton and it too is technically organic as its derived from wood pulp and end product pure cellulose though the processing is not organic with either as it requires chemical processes to make. You've gotten me interested in trying that stuff out. Thanks for the info and sharing your experience with it!

I know what you mean about the carmelization. It can look pretty nasty and am sure it effects the vape one way or another when there's a good amount of it. Yuck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
    Tibo likes this.
  12. pierdon
    Relaxed

pierdon Well-Known Member

My friend just got some coming from France. He loves it.

He's gonna give me a sample to try it. will see :)

13. -V-
    Cool

I see there are 2 versions:
    Fiber Freaks cellulose wick is available in 2 densities:

• Density 1 - Airy. Very similar to cotton and can be torn by hand. This density can be packed more tightly than standard cotton into your RDA.
    • Density 2 - Very dense. This offers the user a new experience in rebuilding. This density will need to be cut using scissors and can also be used in genesis atomisers as well as RDA's.
    So which is the best one to buy?

14. -V-
    Cool

I use a Rose and now a KayFun 4.....
    I'd guess # 1 .....

15. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I have the density #1. Performance is excellent but wicking is not even because the fibers strings are not parallel like Rayon are.

Therefore is it difficult to have a dense wick, you will have to use "a lot" and stiff it. Density #2 are pads which is much easier to wick, if I listen to my brothe rin law.

He has both and did not notice a difference in performance.

I will buy the #2 next time as he said it is easier to wick

Sent from the future